The Bachelorette

buckeyemike

I can honestly say I've never watched this show even in passing. If I'm channel surfing and see it on, usually I run screaming from the room.

But I was watching The Soup on E last night and saw something from this show that I have to comment on.

The girl on the show, Jillian, looks like a younger Patricia Heaton, which isn't bad at all. Problem is, she's a tramp of world-class proportions.

According to The Soup, she allegedly slept with two of the contestants on the show in a 48 hour period. Then, she tries to get with another guy on the show, named Ed. The show has the two of them making out in bed, but apparently, Ed suffers a, shall we say, moment where a small blue pill is needed.

So let me get this straight, we have a show which is one step away from pr0n, and it's shown in prime time? And it's not even basic cable? I'm not a prude, but this strikes me as wrong to see this on television. I really do not want to see two people in the beginning of the throes of passion...especially when one of them is a slut.

And Ed wonders why he can't perform, since there are apparently a whole lot of technicians, camera operators, and probably a producer or two in the room with them.

American television is really suffering right now...and these networks wonder why everyone has cable, DVDs, and iTunes. Your ratings are down because we don't want to watch crap.

This is one reason why I love The Soup, because it really takes these reality and talk shows down a couple of pegs.

/rant off

Let me ask you this: does your view change if it's the guy Bachelor and he's sleeping with two women in a span of 48 hours?

No. I don't need to know who the guy's sleeping with either.

Producers edit reality programs for added drama. They can make it look like she banged the whole cast, or they can make it look like she didn't even kiss a guy. The broads who watch that show eat crap like that up and it helps the ratings. Also, Reed and Kiptin just aren't right for her. She should pick Ed, he came back to the show for her after he left for work reasons.

America does like voyeurism, though.

It's why thousands of horny guys are ruining their computers to get a look at the Erin Andrews naked video.

And BTW, that's not college-style hijinks. Whoever filmed that video committed a serious crime...if it wasn't set up (and I believe it wasn't).

Glad to see I'm not the only one just noticing this. My sister-in-law is just out of college and addicted to this show and this season my wife ended up DVRing most episodes for her to come over and watch as my in-laws were having some TV/Cable issues that were slow to resolve.

As you said, I am far from a prude, but I was surprised when the show not only implied that she slept with two of the three (and would've with the third if not for some "technical difficulties") but that it's pretty much expected and standard operating procedure.

I'm trying not to make this political but it's hard not to laugh at people who use the "sanctity of marriage" argument when opposing gay marriage when show's like this have settled into our popular culture. It's a little surprising some conservative talking head hasn't tried to make an issue out of this.

Glad to see I'm not the only one just noticing this. My sister-in-law is just out of college and addicted to this show and this season my wife ended up DVRing most episodes for her to come over and watch as my in-laws were having some TV/Cable issues that were slow to resolve.

As you said, I am far from a prude, but I was surprised when the show not only implied that she slept with two of the three (and would've with the third if not for some "technical difficulties") but that it's pretty much expected and standard operating procedure.

I'm trying not to make this political but it's hard not to laugh at people who use the "sanctity of marriage" argument when opposing gay marriage when show's like this have settled into our popular culture. It's a little surprising some conservative talking head hasn't tried to make an issue out of this.

Wait until they do a the first Gay Bachelor. Sean Hannity will be all in arms and openly petition his viewers/listeners to boycott ABC for corrupting the youth.