(OT) Empire Sports

I read posts last week from people happy that Howard Simon was going to WGR and talking about Empire in past tense. Did Empire officially pull the plug or are people just assuming with no hockey and no Simon that Empire soon will be gone? I noticed a crawler across the bottom of my TW cable screen this weekend stating that Empire will no longer be available on their sports package.

Anyone know??

I read posts last week from people happy that Howard Simon was going to WGR and talking about Empire in past tense.  Did Empire officially pull the plug or are people just assuming with no hockey and no Simon that Empire soon will be gone?  I noticed a crawler across the bottom of my TW cable screen this weekend stating that Empire will no longer be available on their sports package.

Anyone know??

107711[/snapback]

It's still on but it's on life support, IMHO. A couple of Empire Sports Reports a day are the only reason for watching. Sad, what was once a lifeline of Bills and Sabres news (especially for us out-of-towners) is a mere shell of its former self and ready to flatline. Howard Simon's recent departure seems to be the final nail in the coffin. :D