Stallworth Suspended Indefinitely!

His NFL Sentence  

51 members have voted

1. 1. His sentence by the NFL...

• Excessive and wrong.
    • Right on!
    • I'm not sure.
  2. 2. Should Goodell be able to hand out penalties for player off field conduct?

• Yes
    • No

I believe this is all PR. The NFL is not a privilege; it is a place where if you have the talent and can make an owner millions of dollars then you can play. DUI's are a crime but NFL players continue to get them. People do not take in account just how dangerous drinking and driving is. If he gets more than a year, then EVERY player in the NFL should get the same thing (even without a tragic accident) Rodger Goodell should have a mandatory minimum penalty of one year suspension for a DUI and I guarantee they will stop happening. The legal system is what it is, it is not always fair but it is just. When an adult woman has consensual sex with an underage 16 yr old boy she gets probation. If an adult man has consensual sex with an underage 16 yr old girl he gets 10 yrs. Some people get a break, I won't hate on them, it just is what it is. I think he got off easy considering the crime, but he pleaded guilty and took full responsibility for his actions. The victim's family agrees with the sentence so why should we be so upset. Let the family and Stallworth move on, his penalty will be that he is not that good anymore and no team will sign him. If he had a world of talent, it would be a different story. Teams will be lining up to sign him once the suspension is over but I don't think that is going to happen. His career may be over anyway.

You guys are ignoring oddoublee's point, which is centered around the outcome of the incident. Most people on this board have probably driven under the influence like Stallworth. The only difference is that you didn't accidentally kill someone. Let me ask you a question. How does anyone know the alcohol had anything to do with the killing? We always assume that if someone gets in an accident while drinking, that the alcohol is definitely the reason. It may still have happened even if he was not drinking. Remember the guy was jay walking & stepped out in front of the car. It's tragic & I think Stallworth got off easy in the justice system but as far as being suspended by the NFL for conduct relating to the outcome is wrong. The conduct that was wrong was the dui not the mistake that occurred. Technically Goodel should only be focusing on the DUI but it's about PR.

I personally feel he should be spending more time in jail. But the NFL conduct policy & United States of Advertising penalty system are two seperate things. If an NFL player accidentally killed a pedestrian & was not drinking, according to your guys logic, he should suspended indefinitely? You see? That's where the disparity lies.

I don't know about others but I've never driven close to a .125 blood alcohol level.

Stallworth said he flashed his lights at the guy so it's not like he was walking right out. It's curious to me how he had time to flash his lights. IMO, that means he saw him at a little distance at least. How long does it take to realize someone is in front of you and to process that info and then flash the lights, I'm assuming more than once"and then get to him at 50mph? In that time I would believe that he could've stopped or greatly reduced his speed. That's what makes me think alcohol was a factor. JMO

i think Goodell sent the message loud and clear. Stallworth broke the law and killed somebody. the NFL is a high-profiled organization which has endured many black eyes through various player conducts. Goodell can't clean it up overnight but the strict penalties that he has been enforcing should make the players think twice now. they are not above any law. deflating a few egos is what's needed. it's nice to see somebody finally drop the hammer.

What he said.

Fingon must be scrambling for something to say. Come on the insurance company slid big bucks to the famly,right? Case closed.

Well, douche bag, i have no problem with this ruling. Goodell has the right to impose whatever suspension he sees fit.