Recipe for a free Agent signing

The following is the criteria for signing a free agent, There are the "contenders" (Pat's, Eagles, etc.) and the "pretenders" ( Bills , Bengals, etc.)

Order of Importance:

Contending teams:

1) Ability, regardless of age

2) Need by position

3) Salary Cap ROOM

4) Established Starters

All salaries paid by TV revenue per CBA

Pretenders:

1) Salary (not cap )

2) Need

3)Chemistry

4) prefer those hungry to start

Do you see something wrong here?

The following is the criteria for signing a free agent, There are the "contenders" (Pat's, Eagles, etc.) and the "pretenders" ( Bills , Bengals, etc.)

Order of Importance:

Contending teams:

2) Need by position

3) Salary Cap ROOM

4) Established Starters

Pretenders:

1) Salary (not cap )

2) Need

3)Chemistry

Yes. It's your attempt to divide all of free agency into two groups, based on four silly little rules that have no consistent application.

Order of Importance:

Contending teams:

2) Need by position

3) Salary Cap ROOM

4) Established Starters

Pretenders:

1) Salary (not cap )

2) Need

3)Chemistry

No. Wait, Yes... I mean no.

I don't see your point. What the hell is the difference between need and need by position?

Maybe your point is that contending teams have deep enough rosters that they don't have a dire need for an influx of young talent and are more likely to take established talent to get them over the hump with the rest of the contenders. I would agree with that because it stands to reason that contending teams have deeper rosters than those that do not contend (or pretend, as you say). A team like the Pats* is more likely to get a Junior Seau than the Bills because he isn't the difference for us, whereas he certainly could be the missing bit-piece for them.

No. Wait, Yes... I mean no.

I don't see your point. What the hell is the difference between need and need by position?

Maybe your point is that contending teams have deep enough rosters that they don't have a dire need for an influx of young talent and are more likely to take established talent to get them over the hump with the rest of the contenders. I would agree with that because it stands to reason that contending teams have deeper rosters than those that do not contend (or pretend, as you say). A team like the Pats* is more likely to get a Junior Seau than the Bills because he isn't the difference for us, whereas he certainly could be the missing bit-piece for them.

NO! My point is that Wilson is driven by profit first..