Airport security

Plastic Utensils only, from what I have seen.

Really... I stand corrected... Thanks! I haven't flown in quite a while.

On another note... You got a whole hunk of metal for a buck (most likely made in China)... I would be afraid to eat with that! :rolleyes: Oh, sometimes these new soft plastics are just as worse (health risks).

Really... I stand corrected... Thanks! I haven't flown in quite a while.

On another note... You got a whole hunk of metal for a buck (most likely made in China)... I would be afraid to eat with that! :rolleyes: Oh, sometimes these new soft plastics are just as worse (health risks).

The forks are quite serviceable actually. Since I am not COOKING with them I don't worry. I did throw out some wooden salad bowls I bought recently when I got them home and discovered they were made in N VIETNAM. Whats the vinegar going to Leach out of that "wood"?

they have metal forks in first class, so the ban isn't on forks...

That is what I thought! I upgraded to 1st class a few years ago flying home from the BFLO-OAK game on a red-eye.

There must be law on this in the USC (US Code)? I suspect if the law doesn't specifically ban something, than it is good. Screwy when it comes to stuff like this... Of course totally different how non-governmental entities operate where you can whatever as long as the law doesn't prohibit such action. Like my job as a federal gov't (Dod) employee... What is outlined in USC (33 CFR 207.300) is all we are really entitled to DO... I take the TSA operates the same way according to the laws laid out. Of course there are SOP's for given locations dependent on all kinds of factors.

No forks on the list... Forks are okay then. How can they tell you that you can't pack forks? Is it written down in the code?

There is a big difference when you can only do what the law specifically tells you can do AND doing whatever you want outside of what the law PROHIBITS you from doing.

I know that things make no logical sense at times, but that is how things operate with regards to this... Totally screwy in the gov't.

Am I making sense GM? :blink::devil: There are a lot of people in the government that totally miss the boat on these concepts! :blink::rolleyes::thumbsup:

The forks are quite serviceable actually. Since I am not COOKING with them I don't worry. I did throw out some wooden salad bowls I bought recently when I got them home and discovered they were made in N VIETNAM. Whats the vinegar going to Leach out of that "wood"?

:rolleyes::thumbsup:

I wonder how mining ops go in China? Good things we as Americans are 1,000's of miles away and don't see the "horror story."

:blink: