Angelo Crowell Still Recovering

H2o

Nice.

thanks. of course now everyone's a little confused becasue the threads have been merged. my response was to the orignal poster's heading, which read something to the effect of: "Crowell has a set back" to which i provided my pithy (i saw someone use that word, Dean/Senator?, in a recent post, nice) retort.

jw

ADD: yeah, thanks lori. now i gotta start explaining my jokes. ... wait, i do that all the time. ... proceed.

Football is a physically brutal game. Once you suffer a serious leg injury, be it knee, ankle, achilles, etc. it is very difficult to come back and play at the same level as before. Not impossible but difficult. (See Sam Cowart, Takeo Spikes, etc.) At his absolute best Crowell was a good but certainly not great player. And his tackling skills were abysmal. I don't think the Bills are all broken up that Angelo Crowell is no longer a member of their team.

Does anyone really think he is going to do much the rest of his NFL career?

I have no problems with how Buffalo handled the Crowell situation last year and this year once he was an UFA and I am by no means saying he was great. I agree he was a good player for us.

But...

And his tackling skills were abysmal.

What? I bet you can't find 5 OLB's that averaged more tackles than Crowell during the years he started for the Bills. He was a very productive player for Buffalo. Maybe it did not totally show up on tape, but come one. The guy made plays...Int's, tackles, and a few sacks (Safety against Washinton).