Who is the best football analyst on TV??

I will tell you what I do not like about Dierdorf...to me he is lazy and still talks like all fans are idiots. I can anticipate 90% of what he is going to say, some of his rote discusiion points include"even though this drive ended in a punt, I can guarantee you that X team views that drive as a victory" (when staring a drive inside the 10 and getting a first down" . Out of 16 games, he will have at least 10 players at every position that are "one of the best, if unknown, players at his position". He will prattle on the same platitudes that he has used since the eraly 90's. Again, not that I hate him, just like it better when he is not doing the game.

Now, I really think Collingsworth is the best, although I like Sims as well.

I think you are talking about the old MNF Dierdorf. Oh well, I think he is very good, on Sunday afternoon games. I agree with you on Collinsworth, but Simms not so much...I just think he is kind of bland, and there is always at least one point in any game that I watch with him, where I just think to myself "What on earth did he just say?" He just doesn't make a lot of sense sometimes....but he isn't afraid to talk a lot.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have to say that, even though he's just a color blabbermouth who thinks he can anal-ize anything... I want to punch Phil Simms in the mouth. Funny how EA Sports had a separate volume for Simms on the video games. What a drag it is to endure his hyper-stupidity and Okra Homa drawwwl.

Great post. I cannot stand that accent of his. He offers no real insight, only stating the obvious. He is the most over-rated broadcaster in all of football.