(OT) AMERKS GAME

Just got back from thegame @ HSBC - AMERKS v. Mightyducks (Cinci)

acouple notes:

-12,000 people in attendance (a franchise record)

-Vaniek looked good first time I saw him since the frozen 4, had two goals, great offensively, needs work on being physical looked like he was shying away from hitting people.

-Pallie looked good nice and physical

-two fights, Peters bout was pretty good, I'd say it was a tie. The other Amerk got jacked pretty good.

-Miller looked OK in goal, first period it looked like he was having trouble zeroing in on the puck, not too good of a thing for a goalie.

The NHL lockout may be the best thing that could happen to the Sabres. All the prospects still need work, maybe with the exception of Roy.

I was there too.

Miller looked much better this game than he has in other games this season.

Although it didn't seem as if he had to make too many difficult saves, he only allowed only 1 goal on at least 27 shots.

Vanek started off the season poorly but looks as if he may be coming around. I would like to see more consistancy to his game.

You can notice that there is some drop off in talent from the NHL to the AHL, but the game was entertaining. It was good to see professional Hockey again in Buffalo. Too bad the NHL players association is so greedy. Goodnow is really hurting the sport!

The new rules make the game a bit better too. The blue lines and red line are alot more thick creating more room for neutral zone play. Goalie pads look smaller. If the game would have ended up in a tie after 5 minutes of OT there would have been a shootout