Ellison replacements

I think that it's doubtful that either of those guys step in and play over Ellison. Neither is much bigger (Bowen is smaller/same size), and Ellison knows the defense much better than those two. I think that the coaching staff was high on Bowen as a special teamer, seeing as he was hurt in training camp and never saw the field outside of that.

I think that an upgrade is needed, but I don't think that it's either of those guys. I'm interested to see how Harris adapts to the NFL, but I can't see him stepping in and gaining the coaches confidence being a rookie. However, I think that those two can be dangerous special teams players this year.

The problem with the situation as I see it is that the fans are looking for a game changer at that position, but the only people fast enough to play it in our defensive scheme are too small to lay down the big hits. I think that the scheme is flawed, but putting a bruising 260lb LB at that position would be a worse mistake, IMO. He would get picked apart in pass coverage.

Could Harris or Bowen replace him? I read that the Bills were high on Bowen before his injury.

Why replace Ellison?

2 years ago, large numbers of folks here were crowing about how statistics that showed that he was the best coverage LB in the NFL. And the next season, how BUF has one of the top LB corps in the entire NFL. The sky was the limit.

<_<

Why replace Ellison?

2 years ago, large numbers of folks here were crowing about how statistics that showed that he was the best coverage LB in the NFL. And the next season, how BUF has one of the top LB corps in the entire NFL. The sky was the limit.

<_<

WHY? Because he sux. Nowhere to be found on game day . Lying there with cleat marks all over him,is ugly. <_<:P:D:D