Brad Butler! debate his merits at guard

I think Brad Butler is pretty mediocre at guard- I think he does a good job not allowing DTs to shot the gaps, an ok job pulling, can be bull rushed into the backfield by larger DTs, and gets almost no push in the running game- but this seems to be a less than a consensus opinion and it seems like a majority thinks highly of him, many in fact seem to think he's our best offensive lineman- detractor/supporter?

See dead weight stream for my opinion

If Butler was so good and so tough at guard, why did they go out of their way to replace him with two top draft picks in the top two rounds? I think he is probably better suited to tackle myself, but I don't at all think he was a very good guard. He was decent, but he got thrown around all the time.

ya we will see how good this guy is when he is out on an island this year

His length, power, nastiness and technique will make up for his average athletecism. Butler will be fine out there and will actually be an improvement in run blocking over Langston.

Jeezzzz I was starting to doubt my opinion that Brad Butler was a mediocre guard then I find out that he lost more POA battles run blocking then Dockery- he was under 80% which is the bum line- much of this board has Bills goggles on.