A new role for Bills backers in Buffalo

Last year, 3 members of the Manchester Monarchs AHL team moved in next door to me. Over the season two of the players were called up to the L.A. Kings and new players moved in. Some of us the neighborhood tried to help them as much as we could, telling them where the shopping was, what state laws were, etc.

It got me thinking about how crazy it must be for athletes who have to move to a town in a hurry. I'm talking more about low draft picks and UDFA's. Some come from far away (the new LB Elimimian from Hawaii) and have no idea what to do, where to go, or what's going on.

Do the Bills offer assistance to their new players looking for places to live and getting settled in? If not, that would be a great role local Bills backers can play. Acting like a "welcome wagon" for new players, answering questions, helping them get their bearings and give them some hints about what makes Buffalo great. I'm sure most, if they heard anythng about Buffalo, hear how awful it is. What a difference it could make if players got local insights to the best neighborhoods, schools if they have kids, shopping, restaurants and places to see.

I live too far away to be of any help but maybe some of you can. By the way, are the "Blue Coats" still in business?

PTR

can we help the players maybe by spelling ROLE correctly?

Roll would be the thing you spread butter on and eat for dinner - :lol: Just saying- when you start a thread, it's pretty lame to misspell a simple word in the header ....

can we help the players maybe by spelling ROLE correctly?

Roll would be the thing you spread butter on and eat for dinner - :lol: Just saying- when you start a thread, it's pretty lame to misspell a simple word in the header ....

Or something you'd be doing with a blunt inside Marshawn Lynch's car.

:lol:

I was playing Junior AAA at holiday twin rinks during the summer when Mogilny got to town, one of the Sabres and me went to the GEO store and bought him a 4X4 tracker to get around. Mogilny also played on our team and scored like 4 goals a game and this league did not suck. We had multiple NHL's out there and even a few WNY high schoolers that ended up going pro (one guess, he played for the oilers).

I remember that Alex would not fly and he would drive that GEO everywhere and had to be bused to toronto for the games, I am talking BA Barabus from the A-Team type fear here.

I for the life of me cannot remember the team name but Toby (RIP) was out there helmetless and violent as ever at the time, aahhhh memories.

Last year, 3 members of the Manchester Monarchs AHL team moved in next door to me. Over the season two of the players were called up to the L.A. Kings and new players moved in. Some of us the neighborhood tried to help them as much as we could, telling them where the shopping was, what state laws were, etc.

It got me thinking about how crazy it must be for athletes who have to move to a town in a hurry. I'm talking more about low draft picks and UDFA's. Some come from far away (the new LB Elimimian from Hawaii) and have no idea what to do, where to go, or what's going on.

Do the Bills offer assistance to their new players looking for places to live and getting settled in? If not, that would be a great role local Bills backers can play. Acting like a "welcome wagon" for new players, answering questions, helping them get their bearings and give them some hints about what makes Buffalo great. I'm sure most, if they heard anythng about Buffalo, hear how awful it is. What a difference it could make if players got local insights to the best neighborhoods, schools if they have kids, shopping, restaurants and places to see.

I live too far away to be of any help but maybe some of you can. By the way, are the "Blue Coats" still in business?

PTR

Nice gesture, but hardly needed. All the 7th round draft picks and undrafted free agents are only worried about finding a place to sleep and working out at the teams' training facilities until training camp starts at St. John Fisher. Everything is taken care of for them during training camp, and then most of them have only one more week or so after training camp breaks before they get cut anyway.

Those that actually make the team, will begin earning more then enough money to be able to figure out how to find an apartment or home, and buy groceries at Tops or Wegmans. Even the kids that get brought back for the practice squad make around a grand a week or more for the entire season.

Minor league hockey players are in an entirely different universe. Most of them are from different countries, and may need help to understand even the English language sometimes. They are truly earning dirt money and can really use all the financial help they can get as they ride the buses and hope for their NHL dream to come true.

I was playing Junior AAA at holiday twin rinks during the summer when Mogilny got to town, one of the Sabres and me went to the GEO store and bought him a 4X4 tracker to get around. Mogilny also played on our team and scored like 4 goals a game and this league did not suck. We had multiple NHL's out there and even a few WNY high schoolers that ended up going pro (one guess, he played for the oilers).

I remember that Alex would not fly and he would drive that GEO everywhere and had to be bused to toronto for the games, I am talking BA Barabus from the A-Team type fear here.

I for the life of me cannot remember the team name but Toby (RIP) was out there helmetless and violent as ever at the time, aahhhh memories.

you really are an ass with you bs stories u know that

you really are an ass with you bs stories u know that

W or M something was the team, I cannot remember what it was. The story is real and I really don't care if you or anyone else doesn't believe it. I still have friends that run that place and if you call there and ask for Red, he'll verify Skooby in an instant (and this being the truth). Nice homework project for some of you who may not believe me.

W or M something was the team, I cannot remember what it was. The story is real and I really don't care if you or anyone else doesn't believe it. I still have friends that run that place and if you call there and ask for Red, he'll verify Skooby in an instant (and this being the truth). Nice homework project for some of you who may not believe me.

real or not is the issue.... its a stupid story that only shows you like to come on this board and act pompous and brag about things that everyone rolls their eyes about. and you wonder why you get flamed every time you post.

real or not is the issue.... its a stupid story that only shows you like to come on this board and act pompous and brag about things that everyone rolls their eyes about. and you wonder why you get flamed every time you post.

I thought a Mogilny story was different, sorry. Let's all go pout about missing Orapko and post 75 threads on it instead, is that better?

PTR

I remember the draft 2 years ago when Chris Brown wrote a piece about how the team chartered a bus and showed the rookies around town. The old steel mills were on the list as well as a stop at New Era for lids. That's all I remember.

I thought a Mogilny story was different, sorry. Let's all go pout about missing Orakpo and post 75 threads on it instead, is that better?

Hahaha way to spell a players name wrong who was in the news for a really, really long time. Good job SKOOBY :lol: