Question about Big Ten History

T-Bone

In the history of the Big Ten, has any team lost all of its Big Ten matchups during the season? How many teams and how many times?

I think that Penn State is going to lose the next three games and be 0-9 vs the Big Ten, I was wondering if this was a first for the Big Ten.

I'd be surprised if it hasn't happened a number of times before.  Northwestern for one has had some horrible years.

101641[/snapback]

But as bad as Penn State? I think that they used to be Indiana every year...just like we used to be able to do... :D

In the history of the Big Ten, has any team lost all of its Big Ten matchups during the season?  How many teams and how many times?

I think that Penn State is going to lose the next three games and be 0-9 vs the Big Ten, I was wondering if this was a first for the Big Ten.

101460[/snapback]

Many, many times. From 1978-1981, Northwestern's total record was 1-42-1. 0-10-1, 1-10, 0-11, 0-11. And the single win was a non-con against Wyoming. That's at least 32 Big Ten losses in a row... and with 1-10 records in both '76 and '77 as well, it could be a lot longer than that.

Many, many times. From 1978-1981, Northwestern's total record was 1-42-1. 0-10-1, 1-10, 0-11, 0-11. And the single win was a non-con against Wyoming. That's at least 32 Big Ten losses in a row... and with 1-10 records in both '76 and '77 as well, it could be a lot longer than that.

104874[/snapback]

I remember when they broke the streak by beating Illinois at home. The students tore down the goal posts and ran them down a long main street to the nearby lake and threw them in. An overhead helicopter had a camera on the whole event. Almost as if they wished to drown the demons. That clip was shown on the news for days, due to it's bizarre popularity.

That was awesome ( in full Chris Farley voice ) .

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.