New England will take James Casey

Yeah, they are systematic with there picks. It just seems like they target a couple of guys each year in rounds 2 through 5 that they want, stockpile picks each year to use as ammo to go get them when the time is right.

I still think that they are going to take Casey. He is there type of player. I could see him going to Indy as well.

They always seem to pick players that leave you scratching your head, but those players always seem to fit exceptionally into their system and do exactly what the coaches want from that position. They may not always be the best pure talents, but they are more than likely the best players for what the Patriots are going to ask them to do...

This is one reason why very very few Patriot players ever come close to duplicating the success they had with the Patriots on other teams...

I'm not too sure where all this Pats*' draft love is coming from--check out their last three drafts (and that was with Pioli and Dimitroff, both since gone) and the only difference maker they've drafted has been Mayo. I personally don't think Merriweather has distinguished himself all that much and that Maroney is a bust, but others could differ on those--beyond that, however, I don't think there can be much disagreement that no one else they've taken those years has contributed or is ready to do so. They seem to save themselves every year with the older guys they'd previously taken (think Wilfork, Brady, Mankins, Koppen, Seymour, Warren, etc) and the new guys they bring in in other ways, like FA, like Thomas, Harrison, Vrabel, Moss and Welker. I do like their stockpiling of picks every year, as I think it's smart of them to do that, but I'm really not too enamored of their recent draft record.....