PCs or Macs?

GOBILLS78

I honestly don't understand what you people are all doing to your computers that you have components coming loose all the time. :thumbsup::unsure:

I've had a cheap Dell laptop (paid about $350 for it as a refurb), and it's worked great for 5+ years. My wife has one she's been using for about 2 years.

Lenovo is MUCH better -- I have one of those in the house too, and the build quality definitely feels better (plus they have channels inside so if you spill some liquid, it routes it away from the electronics, and out the bottom of the laptop - NICE!), but I just don't understand what people around here are doing to their hardware to have such major problems all the time. Either that, or I'm the world's luckiest guy :)

Heck, I still have a Toshiba laptop with Win95 on it, and it boots up fine...

Of course the real question would be why does a household with two people have 3 laptops, 2 PCs, and 2 servers (excluding the old crap like the Win95 laptop)....? :nana:;):devil:

Yesterday I had my laptop on the kitchen counter with the webcam pointed at me so my brother could watch me make margaritas over Skype.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't understand what you people are all doing to your computers that you have components coming loose all the time. :thumbsup::unsure:

Thats not the problem I have....the problem is those huuuuge dell and toshiba laptops that feel like they are made out of enough plastic to build a nice kayak. Those guys just so obviously don't care about having a nice product, its all about what specs they can throw in there. If I want a really powerful machine, I'm fine with a desktop. For my laptop, I want something portable.

Thats not the problem I have....the problem is those huuuuge dell and toshiba laptops that feel like they are made out of enough plastic to build a nice kayak. Those guys just so obviously don't care about having a nice product, its all about what specs they can throw in there. If I want a really powerful machine, I'm fine with a desktop. For my laptop, I want something portable.

You should look into a netbook then -- solid state harddrive, small case, and works great.