Wonderlic scores

Wow, just a thought. Take your Midol and relax...

I like having smart players. Belichick has done wonders with them. The guy is obviously a capable athlete. Being that bright is the icing on the cake.

Definitely all things being equal, I would prefer smart players. As I always say about any one factor, it would be a tie-breaker and that's about it. Or as you put it, the icing on the cake.

Statistical evidence for me has to be very compelling before I allow it to disqualify a player from consideration. I mean Jerry Rice ran a 4.7 at the combine. I would probably would not have drafted Rice. And that strengthens my point which is that when someone says for instance "Tyson Jackson only runs a 5.0 forty" that the statement means almost nothing to me.

When you watch someone play and they are dominating at every moment, it makes me not care how fast, quick, or smart they are. So I think people get too caught up in the workout and testing numbers.

Enough to make millions of dollars. :beer:

And Lynch did go to one of the best schools in the country. Supposedly, he got a 14 then improved to a 42. And McKelvin scored a 13 and 34, which is very respectable. http://potencial.wordpress.com/2008/03/23/...nderlic-scores/ But he talks different so he must be dumb. Classy. B-)

Way to overreact to a joke and put words in my mouth.

Marshawn's actions would leave me to question his intelligence. Yes, Leodis sounds less intelligent when he speaks. How smart is he, I have no idea. Not only what you say, but the way you say it will cause people to make judgements on your intelligence.

I like both guys as players, no need to get ultradefensive for them.

Enough to make millions of dollars. :beer:

And Lynch did go to one of the best schools in the country. Supposedly, he got a 14 then improved to a 42. And McKelvin scored a 13 and 34, which is very respectable. http://potencial.wordpress.com/2008/03/23/...nderlic-scores/ But he talks different so he must be dumb. Classy. B-)

I think you're reading the list wrong. The first number is the questions answered correctly, and the second number is the questions attempted.

[ So I think people get too caught up in the workout and testing numbers.

I agree to an extent. Speed can't be taught and the Wonderlic more than anything IMHO measures how fast you process information; thats why there is a time limit in taking it. Can this player learn? How quickly can he absorb the playbook?, the game plan? Just another tool in evaluating players.

All these players about to be drafted have football smarts in varied degrees to begin with. The questions the teams have to answer; can this guy be coached up? Good example of this is Jason Peters. McNally took Peters under his wing so to speak and worked with him many hours. He brought Peters along slowly and it paid off in Peters becoming a very good left tackle. IMO that is one reason you see the high bust rate in WR's drafted high. What was being coached in route running and blocking just doen't sink in. The pro's have a term for players like this..."is he a one trick pony?" just speed and nothing else? The desire to play the game and the mental capabilities to play the game at the pro level are intangibles for which no test exists with certainty. The Wonderlic like I stated before is just another tool- not the final answer.

I am liking Matthews more and more. Between what he does well. And what the Bills need, i think he might be the Bills guy at 11. I know it is a little high for him. Perfect scenario would be tradeing back and getting him in mid teens somewhere. But between him and Poz, i believe you would have a very good LB nucleus for sometime. Bills have to get an OLB, that can cover and also apply some pressure. Two things Matthews does well. The wonderlic does show he has some intelligence. Which translates into being able to pick up the defensive playbook. Everyone else there was like go figure.

The last thing i would want is a Wr with a low wonderlic. Talk about a transition. Being not too bright and trying to learn the playbook and how to read defenses on the fly. That is a deadly combo.

There is no such thing as high unless the player is most likely still going to be there on the next pick. JMO

It's that time of year--the TSW Wonderlic derby....

What do you mean "That time of year?" Isn't the intelligence of the posters here tested all year round? B-)