Bell

Has anyone seen him thus far? I have been reading on various sites he may be ready to play on the line. Could his progress be a determining factor in whether or not we keep Peters? It would be awesome to see someone push Peters and make him earn the raise and new contract he thinks he deserves. :thumbsup:

Has anyone seen him thus far? I have been reading on various sites he may be ready to play on the line. Could his progress be a determining factor in whether or not we keep Peters? It would be awesome to see someone push Peters and make him earn the raise and new contract he thinks he deserves. :thumbsup:

I dont think any of us have seen anything from him since last preseason. But the word from some of the Bills is Bell is progressing nicely. Is he ready to be your starting LT, i have no idea. But wouldn't mind him playing RT if the Bills felt he was ready and Walker playing LT. Walker seemed to do well last year. But 16 games is different then 3 or 4.

Lots of ifs and buts in there. It really depends on what the FO and coaches think about him.

But wouldn't mind him playing RT if the Bills felt he was ready and Walker playing LT. Walker seemed to do well last year. But 16 games is different then 3 or 4.

Walker at LT is a bad idea for a long-term solution. While he did OK the first two games of the season, he did not face a true speed rusher plus he had help. While he is adequate at RT and I like him their, he does struggle with elite speed and he often has help in that a TE or back often chips a DE before releasing into their routes. While some may bash Peters, he is often asked to play on an island and often does so with little problem. Yeah he gave up a couple of sacks last year but for the most part his man didn't constantly harass the QB. If the Bills can come to terms with Peters then our O-line will be fine at the tackle position. Ever since Peters has stepped into the leneup for the most part our pass protection has been good to great as most sacks are a result of coverage sacks. Some don't remeber the days when we truly had pass protection issues when a QB is consistently pop in under 3 seconds. If a capable LG is found either via draft, trade, or the existing roster plus Hangartner proves to be up to the task of handling NT lineup directly over him and can provide the push up the middle then we may well have the makings of a explosive offense IF both Trent and Schonert step their game up!