Predictions on the draft, signings and trades. Part I

It's that time of the year to take shots from around the league. Every year it's always a big disappointment on the lack of movement during the draft and trades just prior to it but this year seems different than other years past. There already has been shocking movement in the league so far this year. Dallas cutting TO and then Buffalo promptly signing him was a shocker and if that wasn't enough the Broncos trade their Pro Bowl/franchise QB. There seems to be a bevy of teams with new management changing their teams' defensive schemes. All this compiled makes me excited to see what is going to happen during this year's draft. Before this draft is over I think that there will be several surprising moves made. Here's taking a stab at it, feel free to add your own prognostications.

First off the Bills WILL re-sign LT Jason Peters just before the draft. Staying with the Bills I'll go on record that they will NOT trade down in the draft and will select DE Aaron Maybin with their first pick at #11.

The Lions WILL trade out of the #1 pick overall with the Eagles. It will take both of the Eagles 1st rd picks and then some. Philadelphia then selects OT Jason Smith.

The Rams stay put and select OL Eugene Monroe.

The Chiefs follow suit and take LB Aaron Curry but they do trade off DT Glenn Dorsey to the Atlanta Falcons for their 1st rd pick at #24. At the #24 pick the Chiefs select DE/OLB/TE Connor Barwin. Vrable mentors this kid and it's the New England Chiefs from here on out.

Here's a shocker. the Seahawks trade off Matt Hasselbeck to the Redskins for QB Jason Campbell straight up. Holmgren is gone and old Matty is aging. New HC Jim Mora is looking to put his own stamp on this franchise and in order to beat the Cardinals in the NFC West, the Seahawks need a strong secondary. Based on this the 'Hawks select CB Malcolm Jenkins. Campbell's relationship is in the toilet after Washington did everything they could to trade this poor bastard off to Denver for Cutler. When that trade fell thru you have another disgruntled QB, it's time for him to go, besides HC Jim Zorn knows Hasselbeck well and he fits Zorn's WCO.

Cleveland stays put at their slot and selects DE/OLB Brian Orakpo but that doesn't mean they stay put. Say good bye to Braylon Edwards, he's off to New York in a Giant way. They get the Giants' 2nd rd pick at #45. Wait, hold the phone! Mangini avoids a QB controversey and really purges this roster. Cleveland pulls off a New York daily double and trades off QB Derek Andersen to the New York J-E-T-S, J-E-T-S, J-E-T-S for their 2nd rd pick at #52. The Browns now have stockpiled 6 first day picks at #5, #45, #52, #60, #91 and #100. Now you know why they call him Mangenius. LOL!

Up next at #6 is the Cincinnati Bengals. What kind of draft would this be if the Bengals didn't take a colorful prospect? They have two to choose from in OT Andre Smith and B.J. Raji. Hmm, fatty vs fatty. Well Raji's fatty might cost him a suspension down the road so I'll say that the Bengals go with Andre Smith.

Al Davis comes out of his crypt and realizes that Javon Walker is a quitter. Michael Crabtree is just as big and physical, the only difference is he has heart. Crabtree is the next Raider WR but only he's a real one.

Get ready because this is one wild draft. The Jacksonville Jaguars desperately need a WR after spending mega money on another spineless ex-Raider WR in Jerry Porter. If Porter wasn't embarassing enough the Jaguars followed that disaster up by also trading for Troy Williamson, another gutless WR. What a tandem! They finally smarten up and trade their 1st rd pick for the league's most fearless WR Anquan Boldin. The Cardinals also send their 4th rd pick (#131) to even this trade out. Keep in mind that the Cardinals pick at the bottom each rd because of their Super Bowl appearance. Their 4th rder is really almost a 5th rder. The Cardinals then use the #8 pick on DE Everette Brown

It's Green Bay's turn and they are one of the teams that are changing from a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense. LB Aaron Kampman is on the trading block and DE Tyson Jackson will be the versatile player that they are looking for.

So far no QB has been taken. It's like last year when all the WRs slid to the 2nd rd. or later. Here's where the first one goes to the 49'ers and it will be Georgia's QB Matthew Stafford. As much as HC Mike Singletary likes QB Shaun Hill he can't afford to pass up a potential franchise QB like Stafford.

Denver has no interest in a QB, Orton is going to be a pleasant surprise, besides Denver is another team that is switching their defensive scheme from a 4-3 to 3-4. They have plenty of positions and holes to fill but this is where they start and get their NT in B.J. Raji.

This is the last one for now and it's a solid move for the Redskins. They get Mark Sanchez, the heir apparent to Hasselbeck, to fall right into their lap at the #13 pick.

Whew, this is a lot of work! If you find this amusing then I'll finish it tomorrow but if you don't then blast away and I'll spare you the rest.