Newspapers

Am I hearing correctly, that the administration wants to bail out newspaper companies going out of business. They would have a stipulation that they are not permitted to publish editorials or even skew their stories to make the administration look bad. WTF, how is that freedom of speech, press, etc... ? Seems to me like it's an easy way for the adminsitration to get wonderful headlines all the time, with the threat to close them down if they don't. All Obama, all the time, all good. 24x7 campaigning, all on the government dime, with billions of dollars.

Am I hearing correctly, that the administration wants to bail out newspaper companies going out of business. They would have a stipulation that they are not permitted to publish editorials or even skew their stories to make the administration look bad. WTF, how is that freedom of speech, press, etc... ? Seems to me like it's an easy way for the adminsitration to get wonderful headlines all the time, with the threat to close them down if they don't. All Obama, all the time, all good. 24x7 campaigning, all on the government dime, with billions of dollars.

To the emphasized, where'd you get this?

To the emphasized, where'd you get this?

Local ABC news was discussing while I was getting dressed today. I didn't catch it all but it said that they would be restricted on how stories are written to not have too many quotes from one side that would make the government look bad. they also said any editorials that are critical of the administration would not be permitted.

Local ABC news was discussing while I was getting dressed today. I didn't catch it all but it said that they would be restricted on how stories are written to not have too many quotes from one side that would make the government look bad. they also said any editorials that are critical of the administration would not be permitted.

Gee. Control of the money. Control of the health. Control of the media. Control of the guns.

All we're missing now is a civilian military.

Oh, wait....