Vincent's "cheap shot"

To anyone who thinks this was on purpose, learn to read and get a clue.

From the Buffalo News (I know, you can't believe everything in the media blah blah blah but these are actual quotes):

Vincent, who joined the Bills  as a free agent in March, said he  was trying to avoid Losman when  the two collided.

"That's my teammate, and I  want to see the young man have a  prosperous career," he said. "I  don't play the  game to injure  anybody.

"As he was  cutting, I was coming outside and  we collided. I didn't know he fell  and I continued to run, then I  looked back and he was on the  ground."

After a few minutes, Vincent  went to check on Losman, shook  his hand and helped him onto the  cart.

"I wanted to make sure he was  all right, and I asked him what  happened," Vincent said. "We  talked, and I'll make sure to keep  my prayers with him. . . . He was  running and trying to make  things happen, and he was trying  to keep the ball alive and get extra  yardage, and I was trying to maintain my leverage."

sounds like a real grade-A !@#$ to me. He MUST have hurt the QB of the future on purpose! <_<

this is ridiculus. It friggin football. a CONTACT sport. And Vincent has a spotless track record.

Cheap shot my ass, has anyone actually seen the hit or did peope just read "Vincent hit Losman along the sidelines" and jump to conclusions? From what I've read Losman is to blame here because he was only going half speed. Thats when you get hurt. You can't play this game half-assed, and when you do, bad things happen

this is ridiculus. It friggin football. a CONTACT sport. And Vincent has a spotless track record. 

Cheap shot my ass, has anyone actually seen the hit or did peope just read "Vincent hit Losman along the sidelines" and jump to conclusions? From what I've read Losman is to blame here because he was only going half speed. Thats when you get hurt. You can't play this game half-assed, and when you do, bad things happen

7194[/snapback]

And you can't follow the rules half assed....Don't touch the red jerseys.

he was probubly trying to show Losman WHY QBs SLIDE!!!! since loseman cut back insted of going out of bounds, he got hit. losman has to learn how to slide or get out of bounds. in college they try to make things happen, but in the NFL NOT GETTING INJURED, and not turning the ball over is more important.

i dont think he tried to break his leg, but i think he didnt "hold back" as much as they say he did, when a rookie QB tried to make him miss the potential tackle.....

And you can't follow the rules half assed....Don't touch the red jerseys.

7200[/snapback]

Why not? The rest of the world is half-assed and inconsistent in their application of static rules so why should football players be any different. Hey following the rules which are convenient to follow is good enough for Presidents like Bush and Clinton or candidates like Kerry, Perot and Nader it should be good enough for a multi-millionaire idiot who I'm glad to have as my CB like Vincent.

The silly thing here is the untrue assumption that many posters seem to make that there is one and only one set of rules for what is right and what is wrong and that these rules are applied the same way in every case.

I would be a great world if this were true, but it simply isn't reality. Sit down here a second my son and listen to me. I don't know jack either and I get confused all the time myself (just ask my wife). However, we lost AW who filled a critical role on this team thought the way he filled it did not produce enough INTs for us to spend the ranch and the dog on him.

Picking up Vincent was a great replacement move because though he is aging, he is a proven turnover getter and a far less effective hitter than AW but is generally feared by OCs and many WRs.

Sure I would cut any scrub CB that hit and injured a QB in the red jersey. I'd make an example out of him if that suited my purposes as well and I judged it helps my team win.

However, pinning this on Vincent hurts my team and what I'm trying to do. We need him to replace AW and to play well. Losman is a potentially very good player who is the future of the Bills in a big way. However, if I had to really play him in games this year it probably would be a sign that my number 1 QB, Bledsoe sucked the big one, my number 2 Brown proved to be not-ready for primetime and my season was over anyway.

Do I discipline Vincent for injuring the guy in the red jersey? No.

In fact, because he has said the right "teammate" things about injuring Losman and apologized, I probably try to use vthis hit as an example of how Bills are rewarded for playing tough and playing hard all the time.

I certainly work hard to protect my own from each other in this contact sport, however, the main thing I want is for all the Bills is to knock the snot out of all opponents and never lose that aggression.

I'm bummed that fostering this spirit may have cost me an injury, but actually I'm thanking my lucky stars that a sitting JP probably will deliver more to this team in the long run concentrating on learning the game from Wyche this year than contributing on the field anyway.