$500B for the FDIC

500 B here, 500 B there...pretty soon we'll be talking about real money.

Ironically, it appears we haven't been talking about real money for some time. Stimulus, bailout, TARP are interesting names given to the cure d' jour as far as I can discern.

I'm getting a sense that the many current economic recovery plans equate to the old vaudeville act where a guy raced around the stage trying to keep a number of plates spinning on slender reeds without letting any of them fall...all the time adding more plates and reeds to the act.... Today, the audience is made up of those cheering him on to add even more plates and reeds (Democrats) and those hoping to see the plates come crashing down (the other party).

Good stuff. People also need to be aware that banks starting I think in July no longer will insure more than 100K in accounts, down from the current 250K.

Another thing that I've been told is that the FDIC doesn't have a time limit to get you your money.

500 B here, 500 B there...pretty soon we'll be talking about real money.

Ironically, it appears we haven't been talking about real money for some time. Stimulus, bailout, TARP are interesting names given to the cure d' jour as far as I can discern.

I'm getting a sense that the many current economic recovery plans equate to the old vaudeville act where a guy raced around the stage trying to keep a number of plates spinning on slender reeds without letting any of them fall...all the time adding more plates and reeds to the act.... Today, the audience is made up of those cheering him on to add even more plates and reeds (Democrats) and those hoping to see the plates come crashing down (the other party).

What's another $500 billion among friends... :lol:

We are circling the drain folks.