OnTheRocks

Game 1 Jaguars 1 sack allowed

Game 2 Raiders 6 sacks allowed

Game 3 Pats 7 sacks allowed

Game 4 Jets 4 sakcs allowed

Game 5 Dolphins 1 sack allowed

Game 6 Ravens 4 sacks allowed

Game 7 Cardinals 0 sacks allowed

1 sack allowed in the two games Willis started.

Throw out the best and worst game Travis started and the team gave up nearly 3 sacks a game in which Travis Henry started.

Granted neither are responsible for all sacks, and i havn't looked at tape of each sack, but i like the fact that the numbers look nicer with Willis starting.

While you can't credit the total # of less sacks 100% due to willis being in there do yourselves a favor, and watch not just the patience and field vision he has running the football, but when he's in pass protection watch his blitz pickup. In the 2 games he's started I've seen him just blow up opposing defenders on blitz pickup. The kid can block, he can catch and he can run. It feels damn good to have Willis as our starting rb, over Travis "run into a wall and fall down" Henry. And I for one hope it stays that way for a long long time. We have a bright future with #21. GO WILLIS!!! :doh:

I think that's due to the defense having to play the run hence letting up on their pass rush. Also, Mcgahee has been very good blocking, im sure he has prevented a few sacks thus far.

95878[/snapback]

i was at the jets game this year and saw willis roll to the ground and take out his offensive lineman.that was late in the game on the scoring drives to evans.so althogh he didnt start that game once he was in there he really helped out with the sacks going down

I have posted this in the past. The Oline feels more comfortable with Willis in there as they don't feel the need to peel off to pickup blitzers.

Drew also seems to feel more comfortable knowing that if he moves or steps up, he isn't going to walk into a LBer. Look at old tapes, Drew has yelled at Henry several times when he misses blocks. He doesn't with Willis, because Willis does the little things.

Henry maybe a better runner right now, I don't believe that, but I could understand where some might think so. But Willis brings a bigger playbook as he seems to better comprehend what to do. He can read defenses and gets in a position to pickup the blitz. He has muh better hands receiving than Henry.

It's a different team with Willis on the field.