Some A-Hole In NJ Won The $212 Million Lottery!!

Steely Dan

no, its not a tax on the stupid, its a tax on the poor

but you are right about everything else. if i were to hit the jackpot, i wouldnt even allow myself to be in the news. id have a lawyer/security team pick up the check and deposit it. I wouldnt even tell my family that i won the lottery. I would tell them that an engineer from our consulting firm and i delevoped something and patented it and sold it. No way would i put myself out there to the public as a new multi-millionaire.

No can do bro. Part of the "contract" you agree to when you buy a ticket. If you want to collect, they get to use you and your image for publicity.

I agree on the tax for the poor, actually the most regressive tax we have. Always cracks me up when states or the feds deny us the right to play poker on line due to morals, but lordy, taking money from the poor folk just fine from the lottery as the gov gets half!!!

No can do bro. Part of the "contract" you agree to when you buy a ticket. If you want to collect, they get to use you and your image for publicity.

Nope - there have been many winners of big money that simply set up a trust, and have a lawyer turn in the ticket on behalf of the trust. Several in fact in the past few years in the OH-KY-IN tri-state area.