All this talk about Greer and our 3 Cornerbacks...

Greer, McKelvin, and McGee.

I thought that Yobouty was outplaying everyone at the beginning the first couple games last year before he got injured. I have not seen closing speed like his in a long time, and his tackling reminded me of another Ohio prospect that we had for a while before MN took him from us.

We should be pretty deep this season at CB with our without Greer.

R

I thought that Yobouty was outplaying everyone at the beginning the first couple games last year before he got injured. I have not seen closing speed like his in a long time, and his tackling reminded me of another Ohio prospect that we had for a while before MN took him from us.

R

Yeah, Youboty looked pretty awesome.

Youboty looked good at the nickel spot. He was outplaying all our DBs at the start of the year, making some big tackles in the open field. I really do think the light went on for him. But Corner played well too and I'm hoping he continues his development.

I think McKelvin is gonna be a pro bowler by next year, maybe this year.

I was hoping Greer would re-sign, but not for the $8M per he wants. Then we could shop McGee or keep him for his final year.

Youboty looked good at the nickel spot. He was outplaying all our DBs at the start of the year, making some big tackles in the open field. I really do think the light went on for him. But Corner played well too and I'm hoping he continues his development.

I think McKelvin is gonna be a pro bowler by next year, maybe this year.

I was hoping Greer would re-sign, but not for the $8M per he wants. Then we could shop McGee or keep him for his final year.

The thing I liked about Yobouty was the sure tackling. Too many receivers took short passes for long gains after he went down.

Maybe this year's draft will finally focus on areas other than the backfield.

R

True, but Youboty can't be counted on. He's always injured. Besides, McGee will be gone after this season anyways.

Guest dog14787
The thing I liked about Yobouty was the sure tackling. Too many receivers took short passes for long gains after he went down.

Maybe this year's draft will finally focus on areas other than the backfield.

Youboty's looked good, but he's been way to injury prone and its hard to depend on someone who gets injured all the time.

No matter how good he can play, if he's not on the field on game day, he's not helping us.

If we lose Greer we will probably draft another CB or two in the later rounds. I'm sure we didn't go into last years draft planning to use a 1st on a CB, Mckelvin was just to good to pass up. Special teams is big here in Buffalo, if you play Special teams well its a huge plus and Buffalo will take an extra hard look at you and I like that approach.

Even with Greer gone (if he doesn't resign) we should be in good shape for next year. It is the year after that I am worried about, with Mcgee's FA looming. We will be more under pressure to resign him or address it through a mid to late rounder this year, or an early rounder the next following year.