09 OVER/UNDER

Whewie... I'm overwhelmed with excitement.

* cutting two overpaid marginal NFL Starters

* signing a backup QB with a 15pt. lower rating than the starter, 9 less NFL starts,but 2 more yrs. in the NFL. Now that's what I call competion, and more important, insurance for when Trent gets hurt again.

* signing a backup OL...marginal NFL starter (diff. between he & Preston = + 7 starts and -20 lbs.)

* a lot of cap and cash to cap left but no-one of impact left. They could sign a lot of marginals to help maintain the inadequacy

* an owner that has his crosshairs set only on p&l not w&l.

* a HC that really belongs coaching in NFL Europe (especially since it is now defunct).

* a draft pick at #11 that will not provide any immediate impact.

* a tanked economy with entertainment bucks competing for shelter expense bucks.

Welcome to the 09 Bills, same as the 07 Bills, same as the 08 Bills... spinnin instead of winnin. So far, this offseason, the team has taken a step backward, not forward.

Therefore, for your wagering consideration, I hereby set the over/under Bills season tix sales @ 42,000. They get what they deserve.

Lastly... if & when the Bills decide to move out, it will not be you guys' faults. When the Bills field competive teams they sell out. As fans, you hang in to the bitter end. You may not always like what the Bills do, but that's only because you care and show 200% more passion than the owner and front office. Phuck the Bills, long live fans like you.

* cutting two overpaid marginal NFL Starters

* signing a backup QB with a 15pt. lower rating than the starter, 9 less NFL starts,but 2 more yrs. in the NFL. Now that's what I call competion, and more important, insurance for when Trent gets hurt again.

* signing a backup OL...marginal NFL starter (diff. between he & Preston = + 7 starts and -20 lbs.)

* a lot of cap and cash to cap left but no-one of impact left. They could sign a lot of marginals to help maintain the inadequacy

* an owner that has his crosshairs set only on p&l not w&l.

* a HC that really belongs coaching in NFL Europe (especially since it is now defunct).

* a tanked economy with entertainment bucks competing for shelter expense bucks.

Welcome to the 09 Bills, same as the 07 Bills, same as the 08 Bills... spinnin instead of winnin. So far, this offseason, the team has taken a step backward, not forward.

Therefore, for your wagering consideration, I hereby set the over/under Bills season tix sales @ 42,000. They get what they deserve.

Lastly... if & when the Bills decide to move out, it will not be you guys' faults. When the Bills field competive teams they sell out. As fans, you hang in to the bitter end. You may not always like what the Bills do, but that's only because you care and show 200% more passion than the owner and front office. Phuck the Bills, long live fans like you.

If the Bills DID leave.. Buffalo will always be my home

but I need to live in an NFL CITY that hasn't won a championship yet

I'm thinking Seattle or Cleveland

Dr T, I'd say the 11th pick can have an impact, but it has to be a hit. Missing on any further 1st-3rd round picks for this team is tantamount to continued mediocrity as UFA will not be used to fill more than a few holes.

There is an absolute mandate to win this year, but the odds are long against the Bills. They have to play HOU, IND, JAC, TEN, ATL, CAR, NO, and TB. And then the normal NE, MIA, and NYJ. Not to mention KC and CLE. That's a challenging schedule which I agree will not be made easier with Dick Jauron, Turkey Schonert, and Perry Fewell coaching.

Buffalo had 56k+ season ticket holders last season. And I think it'll decrease 10-15%, but there's a prepared response: the economy. They won't admit, beyond RW after terrible games, that the Bills product is among the worst in the NFL.

Dr T, I'd say the 11th pick can have an impact, but it has to be a hit

Its always a "possibility". But, reality is, what rookie is going to come in and start for the Bills from day one, and achieve a level of play that makes a significant contribution, ie sacks, ints, TDs, enforcer, penetration up the middle, basically a player that every opponent must account for on every play.

I know there is a lot of rumblings about Maybin @ #11. But, again, reality tells me that he's not going to unseat Kelsay or Schobel as a starter, nor Denney in the rotation. Even if he were to be an excellent situational pass rusher, the Bills would have to move him all over the place in passing situations. And then, if he goes down with an injury, the Bills defensive game plan takes a significant hit.

As you say... it has to be a hit... a lucky powerball lotto hit. Pretty sure the Bills wouldn't know what to do if they ended up with something like that. The front office is abysmal and an embarassment.

At this point 09 does not look good for the Bills. It's not so much that they are not overspending on free agents, but the front office does not seem to have a plan to address their needs. Polian was the only GM we had here that knew how to put a winning team together. No wonder Ralph did not like him....it costs money to win.

At this point 09 does not look good for the Bills. It's not so much that they are not overspending on free agents, but the front office does not seem to have a plan to address their needs. Polian was the only GM we had here that knew how to put a winning team together. No wonder Ralph did not like him....it costs money to win.

Amen. The Bills are really rolling the dice. If the start of their schedule is tough which is quite possible, they may be looking at an 0-2, 0-3, 0-4 start maybe worse. You think the fans are annoyed add an 0-4 start to the 09 season! Yikes!