Bills Salary Cap ... Who is Making What?

Kenwick

If you are interested in finding out the lastest on the Bills Salary Cap go to this web site:

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/20...ry_cap_page.php

It is not the easiest thing to read and follow but at least it will give you a idea of what the players are making

Take a look at the bottom figure and it will tell you approximately what the Bills have to spend to the Cap this off season...

Much of this money I expect will go to lenghten the contracts of our best players before the end of this coming season to wrap them up for the long haul.

The Bills are in good shape financially. No Where near Salary Cap Hell......

We still need to bring in starters at TE, OLB, OG, along with back up talent at WR, C/G, RB, DE, DT, CB, and SS..... if we are to improve......

We still have free agency and the draft to get the job done.....

If you are interested in finding out the lastest on the Bills Salary Cap go to this web site:

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/20...ry_cap_page.php

It is not the easiest thing to read and follow but at least it will give you a idea of what the players are making

Take a look at the bottom figure and it will tell you approximately what the Bills have to spend to the Cap this off season...

Much of this money I expect will go to lenghten the contracts of our best players before the end of this coming season to wrap them up for the long haul.

The Bills are in good shape financially. No Where near Salary Cap Hell......

We still need to bring in starters at TE, OLB, OG, along with back up talent at WR, C/G, RB, DE, DT, CB, and SS..... if we are to improve......

We still have free agency and the draft to get the job done.....

thank you. Usually clumpy comes over here attaches a link for this purpose.

I was going to start a new post but this seems like a good place to regurgitate this:

When it comes to signing free agents, it's about more than just the salary cap.

Besides the salary cap you have to take into account:

The Bills were 27th in team revenue at $206 million.

The Washington Redskins where 1st at $327 million.

That means that Washington's team revenue is 159% of Buffalo's.

The Bills were 28th in operating income at $12.4 million.

The Redskins were 1st at $58.1 million.

That means that Washington's operating income is 468% of Buffalo's.

People who want the Bills to spend more simply don't understand that it's about more than just the salary cap. You have to have the money and still be able to make a profit.

I was going to start a new post but this seems like a good place to regurgitate this:

When it comes to signing free agents, it's about more than just the salary cap.

Besides the salary cap you have to take into account:

The Bills were 27th in team revenue at $206 million.

The Washington Redskins where 1st at $327 million.

That means that Washington's team revenue is 159% of Buffalo's.

The Bills were 28th in operating income at $12.4 million.

The Redskins were 1st at $58.1 million.

That means that Washington's operating income is 468% of Buffalo's.

People who want the Bills to spend more simply don't understand that it's about more than just the salary cap. You have to have the money and still be able to make a profit.

That's why I think they're dumping salaries... not necessarily to make a run, but to stay profitable in the current economy. Even with a payroll at 139 million, they only made a $12 million profit last year. Do you see attendence going up this season?... or do you see more sponsors? The best thing Ralph could do is sell the naming rights of the stadium to generate some extra income.