What's left

silvermike

All right, so roughly speaking, here's what's the what at our key needs:

Backup QB: Ryan Fitzpatrick has signed, but there are other mid-range options who could beat him/Hamdan out in camp if the Bills are so interested. Only Collins has signed, so there's Frerotte, Trent Green, Brad Johnson, or Byron Leftwich if you want experience.

Emergency RB: Fred Taylor was a real interest, so the Bills are looking. Rumored to be interested in Kevin Jones, also look for Deuce McAllister, Ahman Green, or LaMont Jordan accepting a backup job.

#2WR: There's still Coles! And Housh, though that's a longshot. Marvin Harrison is an option for a year, maybe, and depthwise, you could make a (weak) case that Jerry Porter or Nate Washington is better than Josh Reed.

TE: Chris Baker was the only real option.

OG: No need to panic here: Mike Goff, Kendall Simmons (visited already), Geoff Hangartener, and Pete Kendall would all fill gaps.

C: Matt Birk or bust, now. Though some of the guards, (Hangartener!) can play center.

DE: Almost nothing happened here today, so the options are wide open - Chris Canty, Antonio Smith, Kalimba Edwards, Igor Olshansky

DT: Rocky Bernard would be a solid pickup, and I like Jovan Haye. And like every other year, there's always Grady Jackson.

OLB: Wide open - Freddie Keiho, Cato June, Derrick Brooks all have extensive T2 experience. Then there's Keith Brooking and Michael Boley

S: Jermaine Phillips, Sean Jones, and Mike Brown headline here.

So, the moral here is that if you have a need at every position, there will be players available for you.

http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/archives/2...al-with-bo.html

The New York Giants are closing in on their first free-agent signing of the 2009 offseason.

According to Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News, the Giants have agreed on the "basic parameters" of an agreement with Falcons linebacker Michael Boley.

The Giants also are hosting Giants defensive tackle Rocky Bernard. Tomorrow, Cowboys defensive end Chris Canty arrives.

Canty was supposed to visit the Redskins on Friday, but the arrival of defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth left the 'Skins with insufficient cap room. Or maybe they feared that Haynesworth would try to eat Canty. Or a little of both.

take Boley off the list

In addition to the original poster's list, there are persistent rumors that Torry Holt will be released for cap reasons and may be available in a trade. He has a lot of tread left on the tires...much more so than Marvin Harrison or Lavernues Coles.

In addition, the top two free agent fullbacks are still available:

Leonard Weaver of Seattle and Heath Evans of New England.

Both are excellent players and besides being excellent blockers are viable weapons. Weaver has a big upside and getting Evans would additionally take away one of New England's unsung heroes. Both are considered excellent short yardage backs and Weaver is an excellent receiver as well.

Yeah,there's still some talent out there. A C that may be worth looking at is Jake Grove. He never quite panned put in Oakland but I think the guy still has a chance to be good. I sure hope we pickup a WR. I think the right guy could really make a difference. I got to see Kalimba Edwards quite a bit out here in Oakland and he can definitely get some pressure off the edge,but it seemed like he was hurt alot. I also think Cato June and Rocky Bernard would be good fits.

I'd be in for antonio smith...he gettin a lot of attention?

I would be all for Antonia Smith, but KTAR radio in Phoenix yesterday reported that the Texans will be hosting him on Saturday morning, and would like to play him on the other side of Mario Williams.

Per the other posts it looks like Canty will not probably get out of the Giants complex today without having new deal.

I would be happy with either of these guys, but it doesn't look good.

And as many media outlets have been mentioning, in this depressed economy a lot of the top tier guys will still get paid, but the b class and below are going to find substandard rates that they're going to have to take to come to a team. IF Jabari for instance doesn't beat some of these other corners to these teams by monday or tuesday, bet on him coming back here a mil or two off of our last offer.

All right, so roughly speaking, here's what's the what at our key needs:

Backup QB: Ryan Fitzpatrick has signed, but there are other mid-range options who could beat him/Hamdan out in camp if the Bills are so interested. Only Collins has signed, so there's Frerotte, Trent Green, Brad Johnson, or Byron Leftwich if you want experience.

Emergency RB: Fred Taylor was a real interest, so the Bills are looking. Rumored to be interested in Kevin Jones, also look for Deuce McAllister, Ahman Green, or LaMont Jordan accepting a backup job.

#2WR: There's still Coles! And Housh, though that's a longshot. Marvin Harrison is an option for a year, maybe, and depthwise, you could make a (weak) case that Jerry Porter or Nate Washington is better than Josh Reed.

TE: Chris Baker was the only real option.

OG: No need to panic here: Mike Goff, Kendall Simmons (visited already), Geoff Hangartener, and Pete Kendall would all fill gaps.

C: Matt Birk or bust, now. Though some of the guards, (Hangartener!) can play center.

DE: Almost nothing happened here today, so the options are wide open - Chris Canty, Antonio Smith, Kalimba Edwards, Igor Olshansky

DT: Rocky Bernard would be a solid pickup, and I like Jovan Haye. And like every other year, there's always Grady Jackson.

OLB: Wide open - Freddie Keiho, Cato June, Derrick Brooks all have extensive T2 experience. Then there's Keith Brooking and Michael Boley

S: Jermaine Phillips, Sean Jones, and Mike Brown headline here.

So, the moral here is that if you have a need at every position, there will be players available for you.

Right now the Bills are missing a starting center, a backup center and a starting guard. If they go into the Draft with 2 missing starters on the OL the draft will be dictated by position need. I don't think I have to tell anyone on this board what a pathetic spot that is to be in.