Amazing how Brady looks like Bledsoe

BilzFanGA

Caught pieces of the Pats/Steelers game today and was also watching Sportcenter Highlights and it amazes me what happens to a QB when he gets pressured.

I'm not comparing Brady to Bledsoe, as Brady is a much better QB at this point, but it goes to show you what happens to a QB when he gets constant pressure from inside, as well as outside the pocket. Pittsburgh came after Brady, like most teams come after Bledsoe and look what happened.

Don't take this as defending Bledsoe as I think with our offensive line problems he will never thrive in Buffalo anymore. This is simply to say, our weakness on the middle of the line has give teams all the more incentive to throw the kitchen sink at us since Drew is immobile. It's been that way for years, while it only happens every once and a while to teams like the Pats, because their coaches usually find ways to adjust to it.

Either way, on an individual level, Drew has had 2 bad games this year, not 7. The problem is more than our QB folks. It's our line. It's so bad we had 2 defensive linemen playing on the offensive line yesterday. Let's see if Fat Sam can snap the ball and put him in at center.

If I was Buffalo, I would look at the way Pittsburgh played yesterday and copy that when we play them again. It looked very similar to Week 1 of last year when we went after Brady and caused 4 interceptions and he looked pathetic.

I'm sure Corey Dillon being hurt had nothing to do with the outcome. Pats have no one behind him. At one point, I saw a stat up on the screen. 43 pass plays, 4 rushing attempts for the Pats. Bledsoe has MaGahee and Henry.

There is always more to the story. The Michael Moore version always has holes.

Lets worry about the Jets next week and take this one game at a time.

Good post. I agree that a QB depends heavily on his line, and that Brady's stardom has depended in good part on his tremendous line play. At the same time, Bledsoe has not had the time he needs to make a good throw consistently.

However, you must acknowledge that good line play also depends on the QB. If the QB is immobile, and takes too long to make decisions, the line is put under tremendous pressure.

I happen to think we have a symbiotic relationship here: poor QBing and poor line play have re-inforced one another. I am hopeful that a change at QB will break the spiral.

I'm sure Corey Dillon being hurt had nothing to do with the outcome. Pats have no one behind him. At one point, I saw a stat up on the screen. 43 pass plays, 4 rushing attempts for the Pats. Bledsoe has MaGahee and Henry.

There is always more to the story. The Michael Moore version always has holes.

Lets worry about the Jets next week and take this one game at a time.

94264[/snapback]

Mark, the Bills having WM and TH is what even supports it even more. Teams simply stack the line knowing they will overmatch Buffalo's line to either sack Bledsoe or hit the Running Backs in the backfield. That's why our rb's are averaging about 3.5 yards a carry.

Teams are not scared of our QB having enough time to get back and get a pass off that could burn them for stacking the line and blitzing the hell out of us. Most teams are against NE, so they don't Blitz that frequently.

I wish our receivers were smart enough to figure out hot reads and our QB and WR and RB's could get on the same page to burn teams with screens and slants, but for some unknown reason it doesn't happen. I seen to more occasions yesterday where the intended receiver was turning around after a blitz well after the ball had been released. It's like they can't recognize a blitz.

Caught pieces of the Pats/Steelers game today and was also watching Sportcenter Highlights and it amazes me what happens to a QB when he gets pressured.

I'm not comparing Brady to Bledsoe, as Brady is a much better QB at this point, but it goes to show you what happens to a QB when he gets constant pressure from inside, as well as outside the pocket.  Pittsburgh came after Brady, like most teams come after Bledsoe and look what happened.

Don't take this as defending Bledsoe as I think with our offensive line problems he will never thrive in Buffalo anymore.  This is simply to say, our weakness on the middle of the line has give teams all the more incentive to throw the kitchen sink at us since Drew is immobile. It's been that way for years, while it only happens every once and a while to teams like the Pats, because their coaches usually find ways to adjust to it. 

Either way, on an individual level, Drew has had 2 bad games this year, not 7.  The problem is more than our QB folks.  It's our line.  It's so bad we had 2 defensive linemen playing on the offensive line yesterday.  Let's see if Fat Sam can snap the ball and put him in at center.

If I was Buffalo, I would look at the way Pittsburgh played yesterday and copy that when we play them again.  It looked very similar to Week 1 of last year when we went after Brady and caused 4 interceptions and he looked pathetic.

94260[/snapback]

Yeah good post. I caught that as well to an extent. Brady usually has all damn day back there.

Mark, the Bills having WM and TH is what even supports it even more.  Teams simply stack the line knowing they will overmatch Buffalo's line to either sack Bledsoe or hit the Running Backs in the backfield.  That's why our rb's are averaging about 3.5 yards a carry. 

Teams are not scared of our QB having enough time to get back and get a pass off that could burn them for stacking the line and blitzing the hell out of us.  Most teams are against NE, so they don't Blitz that frequently.

I wish our receivers were smart enough to figure out hot reads and our QB and WR and RB's could get on the same page to burn teams with screens and slants, but for some unknown reason it doesn't happen.  I seen to more occasions yesterday where the intended receiver was turning around after a blitz well after the ball had been released.  It's like they can't recognize a blitz.

94270[/snapback]

Pats could not run the ball without Dillon. Steelers knew Brady was going to pass every single play. I don't know any NFL QB who could thrive in that situation. I'm not taking anything away from the Steelers but Brady still threw a couple TD's with a jailbreak blitz in his face.

I do agree with your comment on the hot reads by the Receivers... Althought there were times yesterday when they did a much better job in recognition. Bledsoe found Euhus twice and he was open/in position more than that. Same with Evans.