What Most Likely Will Happen on Draft Day for the Bills

Kenwick

At position #11 I hope the will draft the best athlete left on the board in a position of need for the Bills. ;)

Who that will be is anyone guess at this point in time. Mr. Wilson himself will influence that first decision. He has stated we need more talent on offence.

The best athlete at #11, I feel on offense is TE Pettigrew. He would give the Bills the big target they really need. He is a good blocker, has great hands and has great ability to separate even though he is not really fast.

If Tom Modrak who is now in the inner circle and incharge of F. A. and the draft has the very final decision will he necessarily go Offense with the very first pick. After all there are several TE's the Bills could pick up in rounds two through three.?

If DT B.J. Raji, DT, BostonCollege were still available how could you possible pass him up. I do doubt however he will be available.

Line Backer, Aaron Curry, LB, WakeForest is another the Bills could not pass up....

WR Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech really would look good in a Bills uniform but he too most likely will be long gone....but you never know

The Bills really need a big time player at DE..... there are several as of right now. The combine and the talking heads will influence us as to the order of the best DE's and olb/de's. Their real heights, Weights, Speed etc will be coming out during the combine. Yet we all know the Bills need to up grade the D-line badly with depth. Our DE's are aging and are no where near what we need for a playoff team. One more good DE and or DT would really help.

The question is also who would provide the most impact? A offensive player or defensive? My choice right now is defense over the long haul. TE Petigrew over the short haul. Da Bills are going to find it very difficult making the playoffs next year. They do not have enough talent as of right now. If Wilson gets some really good F.A.s things could change. They will do the best they can in the draft.

I feel they will actually go Defense with a DE with the first pick. You can take your choice of several who may be available

In the 2nd round they will go for a TE... again there are several who look pretty good right now. The combine will make that decision easlier

In the 3rd round a Center if they did not get one in F.A. or a OLB if they did not get one in F.A.

Free agency will determine which way they lean in the draft to fill other positions of need ....... Lets hope da Bills surprise us with some solid selections in F.A. It will be a stepping stone for a stronger club which lacks depth. I do not know about you, but I am getting tired of the Bills not making the playoffs year after year. I hate having a team that is only mediocre year after year.

Russ Brandon and the inner circle will have a revelation that the Super Bowl was won by a northern team that is built to play in the elements. If Raji is there at #11, he must be taken. He is huge, would draw two blockers and plug the middle, keep the guards off our lb's.

If we did make that trade we would have to get their one and their two pick at least. Do you think that would make a good trade ?

well from what I understand...they dont have much cap room...so for them to get rid of 2 high priced rookies for just 1 might be a bargain...only problem is that there wont be a rookie QB worth moving up to our spot to get...both stafford and sanchez are mocked to go in top 3...however..the Jets may still try to do this trade with the Rams...but I highly doubt the Rams want to go from pick 2 to 17 and lose out on Crabtree...plus at 17 the Jets have a shot at taking Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas State...they also have a shot in the 2nd round to grab Nate Davis, QB, Ball State...so most likely it wont happen.