keith brooking

BeastMode54

If we could get Dansby instead, which I think we won't, then I wouldn't go for Brooking. But as a year or two stop-gap I think it's great. He's a blue collar player with a great attitude. He had over 100 tackles last year and 3 INT's. He still has some gas left in the tank. Not much, I might add, but enough. Maybe we draft an OLB and groom him under Brooking until it's time for him to take over. We need depth and that's what he would provide too.

As a person who lives in Atlanta and watched the Falcons over the years. Especially when they would go on playoff runs, and the Bills would frustrate me so much, i would flip around on the T.V. Brooking has always been a solid player. Never thought he was a great player. Yes he made a lot of tackles, but where you make a tackle on the field to me is much more important. A linebacker making a tackle 4-6 yds down the field isn't that special. He was solid but not great. And he single handedly blew the biggest play of the year in the playoffs. It was 3-18 (i think) in the 4th with like 2:00 mins left. Brooking bites on the play action and lets the TE get free behind him. Cards pick up the first down game over. If you think for one second he is better talent wise then anything the Bills have you are wrong. Great guy, team leader type, but his skills are gone. He was going to make way to much money, and Dimitrof is not the kind of GM to keep a guy around because of what he did in the past. See Algie Crumpler and Warrick Dunn.

Another case of 'i know that name lets sign him.'

Thanks for checking in from the A-T-L. Good post. Yeah I saw the article where he said it was the worst football game he ever played. Apparently that was only the biggest of several mistakes he made against Arizona.

Sounds like a declining player who in addition might not fit well with our scheme. I'm not saying I like the Alvin Bowen, Keith Ellison, Coy Wire, John DiGiorgio model. But I am saying that because of the Bills stated and evidentiary tendency to smaller, athletic linebackers that Brooking might not be a good fit. Especially at this point in his career.

It was a big mistake. Worse part about it was that is was a mental error. One that a guy who has been in the leacgue for like 12 years should not be making. Also in that game watched Malloy take the worst angle ever, and get abused by Boldin for an 70+ t.d. I would be surprised if he is back with ATL either. I dont know how many Atlanta Fans i told he was not very good when they brought him here.

The linebacker from that team i would like to see Buffalo pick up is Boley. He is young athletic and would be great in the Bills defensive scheme. He is UFA. The Falcons were looking to sign him to an extension last off season then he got into some trouble off the field and things cooled off. I always liked the way he played.