Elkhart Indiana

RLflutie7

I live in the county next to the city of Elkhart, Indiana and Elkhart County.

I worked in Elkhart, Indiana for a lumber company that supplied lumber for the RV Industry back in 1986.

Two things, I'd like to say.

1. Elkhart Indiana is a Republican strong hold.

2. Elkhart Indiana is the biggest redneck trailer-trash community I've ever seen in my life. I've never seen so many people so proud to work for nothing.

Visit Elkhartsucks.com to get a true picture of Elkhart, Indiana.

Why is it a trailer-trash community? Because all the people working in bleeping trailer factories. Poor attempt at humor.

PS: It must have been all those unions that bankrupted the RV manufactures. Oh, I forgot, they don't have unions.

Actually, some RV manufactures were paying around $18.00 an hour.

Would make sense... Isn't Elkhart the trailer/rv manufacturing mecca of the world? When most vans come out of DET for conversion... Don't they go to Elkhart?

On another note, try to find a Hoosier without a trailer hitch on their POV... Even if they own a Yugo, you will surely see it have a hitch on it... :thumbdown::thumbdown:

:thumbsup:

Yes it is. Most big name manufactures are located in Elkhart, Indiana.

And yes, most van conversions are done in Elkhart, Indiana. I probably know 100 people who work in the RV/trailer manufacturing business or at least they used to work in the RV/trailer manufacturing business. From high school and family, etc, etc.

My uncles and aunt worked in RV manufacturing. And my aunts and uncles still have their teeth (poor humor).

My uncle used to love to work in trailer factories because he liked physical labor and he got paid by piece rate.

He'd go to work, get done by lunch time and go home. Four hours of work and 8 hours pay. But you have to work fast and extremely hard to be able to do that. He loved it.

The mayor of Elkhart says they have 20% unemployment.