Used to be really excited about a drubbing

_BiB_

Good game for Buffalo, saw a lot of fun stuff. But I used to would be a hootin' and hollerin' with a drubbing like that. Basically told myself they won, cool, put in a load of laundry and flipped to the Patsies game.

Have they drug me down that far? If they can do the same thing to the Jets and NE, I think the excitement will return.

Anyone else feel like, ho hum they won?

Good game for Buffalo, saw a lot of fun stuff. But I used to would be a hootin' and hollerin' with a drubbing like that. Basically told myself they won, cool, put in a load of laundry and flipped to the Patsies game.

Have they drug me down that far? If they can do the same thing to the Jets and NE, I think the excitement will return.

93399[/snapback]

BiB...I was sitting next to Campy...I could not get into this victory...i have lost the spark..its sad...Campy and I seem to be talking more politics

BiB...I was sitting next to Campy...I could not get into this victory...i have lost the spark..its sad...Campy and I seem to be talking more politics

93447[/snapback]

That's what I mean. Especially with folks like your crew. Can you imagine talking politics during a Kelly/Thomas/Reed game?

yes, a lot of us feel that way, and that's how it's going to stay until there is HOPE for this team to be a contender once again. tyhis win wasn't as satisfying because it does not yet feel like we're going anywhere.

a couple more like this and you'll get the feeling back though...i promise.

now all the bills have to do is go out and score 38 points every week!

For the record, I was talking football.

93528[/snapback]

Well, I bet that was a pretty bizarre conversation.

"Was that a two under double QB spy?"

"I think it was poor media representation skewing the facts of the situation"

93399[/snapback]

Everything I did, except for the laundry.

Face it people, the reason we didn't get excited today, is because we know that we are still only a 6-10 team that has a has been at QB. It is pretty bad when the best thing to be said about Drew's performance today was that he didn't lose the game for us. He threw for 80 yards at home in a wind storm. Big deal. Joe Ferguson did that every week in the 70's. Hey Drew, nice throw to Eric. How many completions did he have?

We cannot win games if we cannot run the ball. I know it. you know it. The entire NFL knows it. Stop the Bills from running, then attack Bledsoe and wait for the mistakes...

I for one cannot wait for the time in the near future when we have a qb who "HOPEFULLY" (and I stress HOPEFULLY) can actually make a play or two to WIN a game, instead of playing not to lose one.

Let me just ask you guys this one question. Answer honestly. When Drew drops back to pass, are you filled with the anticipation of a great play? or the dread of the Sack fumble or Int? Far too often lately it has been the latter. I just want it to be the former. I ALWAYS thought Kelly would make the play. I never thought he would take the sack or throw the pick. I was ALWAYS surprised when it happened...

Face it people, the reason we didn't get excited today, is because we know that we are still only a 6-10 team that has a has been at QB.

I asked someone else this question, but never got a response so I'll ask you, and this is in all seriousness --

Why do you watch the games if you know that regardless of what they do, you're going to be miserable about it? We won 34-14 (allowing a TD in garbage time). We DOMINATED them on defense, we scored two rushing TDs against the only team in the NFL to not allow a rushing TD all season. We scored how many TDs in teh redzone against the #1 redzone defense in teh NFL? Despite that, I see lots of people saying, "Yeah, but who cares? It's only the Cards. We still suck."

I know I watch the games because I have hope that we can win each and every week. I was very excited all through the game today; still am. Do I think we're playoff bound? It's not out of the realm of possibility, but the chances are slim. But I'll still watch and get excited when we play well (and depressed when we play poorly). But if you're only going to see the negatives and always be upset with the outcome, regardless of the trouncing we give, why bother watching?

Again, I don't mean this as an attack or anything; I just really don't know why someone who never sees the positives and always complains can enjoy watching the Bills...

CW

let me try this.

I love the Bills, and have since I was a Boy and listened to OJ go over 2000 on the Radio vs. the Jets. I loved them when they were 2- 15 and kay Stevenson was the coach in the mid 80's. I loved the K-gun and the Boys who almost took me and Us to Nirvana. I loved the Flutie/RJ Bills and understood the debate from Both sides.

All that being said, I still love the Bills. But I didnt get excited in '85 when we were 2-14. I didn't get excited in 2000 when Gregg Williams took us to the awesome hights of 3-13. And i am not getting excited now. I was excited against Jax in week 1. I was excited in week 2 against Oak. I was even excited against the Pats. But now, since the season is all but over, the excitement is gone.

The first 8 games of the Bills under Bledsoe, I felt like I was watching the re-birth of the K-gun. Drew led the league in TD's and yards. But over the last 32 games, i have had my heart ripped out by a QB who absolutely CANNOT make a play. I still am Happy that the Bills won. I am happy to see the Defense and Special teams turning the corner. But there is no excitement because there is no future. Part of getting all worked up for the Bills was because we knew we were GOING SOMEWHERE!!!! I.E. Playoffs, possibly a SB. Where will this team go with Drew Bledsow at QB? Nowhere. Not now. Not next year. Not ever. So why get Excited by a meaningless win when there is no future. It's like getting a peck on the cheek by the girl of your dreams. Its not going to lead to anything, so why get wood?

Bring on JP and see if the Bills can Excite me again...

BTW- Frez, you didnt answer my question about the feeling in your gut when Drew drops back....