Bills Need to Take a Few Risks

Kenwick

It would be good if the Bills could trade CB McGee for a 3rd round pick or trade him even up with KC for their star TE. This would give them the Big TE they need for the next few years. The cornerback positions could be covered with McKelvin, Greer, Youboty and Corner with a draft pick this year or a FA.

It would also be good if the Bills trade down low enough to pick up a extra pick hopefully a 2nd round pick. This would also allow them to draft a Center or a TE of quality in the first round. Maybe even a DE or DT. The Bills need help and maybe this is a way for them to get themselves better quicker. It is all within reason.

It would be good if the Bills could trade CB McGee for a 3rd round pick or trade him even up with KC for their star TE. This would give them the Big TE they need for the next few years. The cornerback positions could be covered with McKelvin, Greer, Youboty and Corner with a draft pick this year or a FA.

It would also be good if the Bills trade down low enough to pick up a extra pick hopefully a 2nd round pick. This would also allow them to draft a Center or a TE of quality in the first round. Maybe even a DE or DT. The Bills need help and maybe this is a way for them to get themselves better quicker. It is all within reason.

I don't usually subscribe to the trading philosophies to improve a team unless it absolutely makes sense. The more I think about it, I think a trade of Mcgee and a late round pick for Winslow from Cleveland makes a lot of sense. Mcgee will most likely not be retained from the Bills after next year because of the very high price tag he will most likely command, it seems as if we have a lot of depth at Db so we should be fine there, Mckelvin seems to be the answer on the defensive and return aspect so that helps in that area and Winslow seems to be wearing out his welcome in Cleveland and they do badly need a DB. So instead of losing Mcgee for nothing we can fill a need with a probowl, young calibur player in Winslow

Makes sense to me, time to take a risk!!

I actually believe that the Bills will have a fairly successful offseason and here's why..... the draft is loaded with centers who could be Pro Bowl quality starters in time. Additionally DE is a strong consideration with Larry English, Everette Brown, or Brian Orapko the likely first rounders (IMO). The Bills will make some sort of "splash" this free agency period due to the relative unrest within the fan base, so essentially, the liklihood is good that the 2009 season will very much be a contending year! Expect TE and OLB to be addressed this year too, either in FA or the draft. Tight End is deep in April with Pettigrew, Nelson, Coffman, Casey, and Beckum etal.

I don't usually subscribe to the trading philosophies to improve a team unless it absolutely makes sense. The more I think about it, I think a trade of Mcgee and a late round pick for Winslow from Cleveland makes a lot of sense. Mcgee will most likely not be retained from the Bills after next year because of the very high price tag he will most likely command, it seems as if we have a lot of depth at Db so we should be fine there, Mckelvin seems to be the answer on the defensive and return aspect so that helps in that area and Winslow seems to be wearing out his welcome in Cleveland and they do badly need a DB. So instead of losing Mcgee for nothing we can fill a need with a probowl, young calibur player in Winslow

Makes sense to me, time to take a risk!!

I really like the idea of re-signing Greer and trying to trade McGee, but I think some of these trades are unrealistic for the Bills. McGee is a starting CB in the NFL. Despite what people here think of him, he will command a huge salary on the open market (not top CB money, but top 2nd tier). Were the Bills to trade him, I would think that the conversation starts at a low first rounder or at the least a high 2nd. I think trying to trade him striaght up for Gonzalaz or Winslow is a bad idea. This is a special situation for the Bills since they have a good player with a year left on his contract and enough depth behind him to entertain the idea of a trade. Doesn't happen too often and with a top 45 pick for him they could defintiely add some players to the DL.

As long as it doesn't cost Ralph a buncha jing, they could. Problem is, their "risky" picks turn out to be duds more often than not. I offer the Golden Arm of Tulane as an example.