Is our offensive line to big?????

Poeticlaw

Last point, this is a deep year for centers in this draft, yeah everyone loves Mack but it'd be better to pick up a center later and have them learn under Birk ... there's no way a talented rook center steps in and does a better job than even an average vet center. Mangold wasn't very good his first few years.

You see, yes he was. He was all but dominant from his first game, and I have no idea why you posted this. Nick Mangold as a rookie was better than Fowler and Preston combined, and it wasn't close.

With all due respect, your philosophy mirrors that of Levy and Jauron, who have not selected a blocker before the 5th round of a draft in 3 years. This left us with a great LT (who they don't want to pay), a decent RG, 2 guys who cost 74 million and seem to play uninspired, and 2 centers who suck. One gets tossed around the field, the other is shoving footballs up his a$$.

I am all for signing Birk. They should offer him as much as Faneca got or more if necessary. Then, they should devote the early rounds of this draft to the DL, OL, and a Tight End. If they click on half of the selections, the team would improve overnight, even with an idiot like Jauron.

That is how to build a cold weather team, not with flashy little people.

I was reviewing some past articles one where the were talking about drafting Big mike williamms to make our line the heavist in the NFL. Then it got me thinking we have been mentioned several times over previous seasons as either haveing thee heaviest or one of the heaviest lines in the NFL.

Having a heavy line is great if you are going to utilize a power running game which we seem to get awy form more often than not. Having to heavy of a line means the pass protection isnt going to be as good which is probably why all our QBS since Kelly have beem failing miserably. ( just noting the posibility not stating the QBS have been elite or anything)

It seems in review that its better to have lighter more nimble line man that can play both the run and the Pass. It seems if they were a little lighter the could be a little quicker on the feet to get underneath in the pass rush which we have been destroyed of on many occasions.

So my question to the fan base is it possible that our line is too heavy to play both pass and RUN?

total BS. the only problem with our line is that we dont have a center. you plug in a great or even good center and that line would be vastly different and IMO dominant.

if you plug birk in that line this year you watch how much better they would look. everyone disses our guards the only problem with our guards is that they had to always help out our terrible centers. once we get a good center watch how much better our guards look.

total BS. the only problem with our line is that we dont have a center. you plug in a great or even good center and that line would be vastly different and IMO dominant.

if you plug birk in that line this year you watch how much better they would look. everyone disses our guards the only problem with our guards is that they had to always help out our terrible centers. once we get a good center watch how much better our guards look.

You make a good point. The center is the key to the line, especially if you can find one that understands what the DL is trying to do in terms of stunts, loops, and other tricks. The center usually makes the protection calls for the rest of the line.

As far as the size of the Bills' line - if they're big and athletic that's one thing. If they're big because they're overweight, that's another. Especially if they're not following their in-season diets. That extra weight wears them down as the game progresses.

Our linemen do not seem to have any pop. I don't think they are big I don't think they are athletic enough or strong enough or conditioned enough maybe just too fat. :wallbash:

Maybe not motivated enough? I think that is one very important thing missing from too many players on the team.