Shouldn't Pres Obama be Shouting from the Rooftop

BillsNYC

You can choose to hear this how you want to. My point, and concern, is that the current crisis is at least in part a crisis of confidence. By continuing to flame fears of the Depression (which we are still far from) and fearmongering up his base, he's doing the people that will get us out of the recession (the people who work and pay bills and take risks) a great disservice.

His spending plan may very well coincide with the time when a natural recovery would take place--maybe not. I wasn't commenting on his spending plan. I was commenting on his rhetoric. When the president says "Were !@#$ed," it's self-fulfilling. How about choosing a different FDR-like rhetoric? That's my critcism in this thread.

I recently went to Northern Cal to call on some accounts. These are companies that sell communications equipment/solutions to corporations of various sizes. Their business has dried up of late, naturally, and virtually every account I called on had the exact same wish; that the current administration would understand the concept of "Please, you're scaring the children."

Regardless of political leanings, what you are saying is 100% nuts-on accurate.

What, did you expect that they would drop to thier knees and slob his knob like you and Johnny do here daily? Give me a break! Are you and Crayonz the same poster? Because your posts are as absurd as his.

So you thought the Republicans would roll out the red carpet for The One after Democrats like yourself were so respectful of Bush. What freaking world are you living in?

I will say that I'm hopeful that they all can get along for the sake of our nation, but with those nuts Pelosi and Reid running Congress, it looks unlikely.

Did I expect them to bow down? No. I did expect them to actually attempt to work with him and not play games especially when the country/economy is in the sh--. Hoping that the needs of the country would out weigh their party.

Most people were respectful of Bush. I know I was. After all of the problems and things that happened on his watch he was still my/our President. Respect should have been given. Not saying you can't poke fun though.

BOTH parties need to remember that regular people are in trouble out there. They need to get together and find a solution or hope this one works.