I thought Bennie and Hank said no more banks would fail?

:rolleyes:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01252009/busin..._bet_151972.htm

We're not even close to bottom.

*Don't kill the messenger*

I felt the need to paste this from the board:

Ok, I know the bailouts so far have the Government owning the Banks temporarily...So that is mildly acceptable, so long as the end date is known...But how many of you folks know, and if you do, they why aren't YOU SCREAMING, that the US Government has NO CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY to OWN even a SINGLE BANK. It is unconstitutional because the founders first wrote the Declaration of Independence, and that document in short says, The people are never to be DEPENDENT on Government for anything other than those items pertaining to National Security and defined/Limited to the roles and responsibilities defined in the US Constitution. So therefore and GOVERNMENT policy that enacts legislation that makes the citizens dependent up the Government for any services not AUTHORIZED per the US Constitution is NOT PERMISSIBLE. In fact every politician when they take the oath of office , swears to PROTECT and DEFEND the US Constitution, hence any politician who so much as offers legislation to make people dependent upon Government by giving Government power that the US Constitution does NOT allow (mind you, temporary waivers could be granted, again, so long as they are temporary..peoples LIBERTY is at stake here) could easily constitute at the worse, TREASON and at the least a HIGH CRIME or MISDEMEANOR...Are you folks awake yet or are you just sleeping through the takeover of the US through Government Tyranny? Im betting your not only asleep, but dont even know what the purpose of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution are! We have become an nation of absolute morons.

1/26/2009 1:21 PM EST

I felt the need to paste this from the board:

Ok, I know the bailouts so far have the Government owning the Banks temporarily... So that is mildly acceptable, so long as the end date is known...But how many of you folks know, and if you do, they why aren't YOU SCREAMING, that the US Government has NO CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY to OWN even a SINGLE BANK. It is unconstitutional because the founders first wrote the Declaration of Independence, and that document in short says, The people are never to be DEPENDENT on Government for anything other than those items pertaining to National Security and defined/Limited to the roles and responsibilities defined in the US Constitution. So therefore and GOVERNMENT policy that enacts legislation that makes the citizens dependent up the Government for any services not AUTHORIZED per the US Constitution is NOT PERMISSIBLE. In fact every politician when they take the oath of office , swears to PROTECT and DEFEND the US Constitution, hence any politician who so much as offers legislation to make people dependent upon Government by giving Government power that the US Constitution does NOT allow (mind you, temporary waivers could be granted, again, so long as they are temporary..peoples LIBERTY is at stake here) could easily constitute at the worse, TREASON and at the least a HIGH CRIME or MISDEMEANOR...Are you folks awake yet or are you just sleeping through the takeover of the US through Government Tyranny? Im betting your not only asleep, but dont even know what the purpose of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution are! We have become an nation of absolute morons.

1/26/2009 1:21 PM EST

I missed something here... Which banks are temporarily owned by the government? By name please, you know like Bank of America, First Citizens if Moronic Ineptitude, etc... Just so I can check to see who the govenment has replaced those bank's boards of directors with...

I missed something here... Which banks are temporarily owned by the government? By name please, you know like Bank of America, First Citizens if Moronic Ineptitude, etc... Just so I can check to see who the govenment has replaced those bank's boards of directors with...

Yes, he should have said WHEN the gov't owns (nationalizes) the banks...

but there is a bigger message here: IT'S ILLEGAL!

It's illegal for the government not to own the banks? :rolleyes:

US Government has NO CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY to OWN even a SINGLE BANK. It is unconstitutional because the founders first wrote the Declaration of Independence, and that document in short says, The people are never to be DEPENDENT on Government for anything other than those items pertaining to National Security and defined/Limited to the roles and responsibilities defined in the US Constitution. So therefore and GOVERNMENT policy that enacts legislation that makes the citizens dependent up the Government for any services not AUTHORIZED per the US Constitution is NOT PERMISSIBLE.

US Government has NO CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY to OWN even a SINGLE BANK. It is unconstitutional because the founders first wrote the Declaration of Independence, and that document in short says, The people are never to be DEPENDENT on Government for anything other than those items pertaining to National Security and defined/Limited to the roles and responsibilities defined in the US Constitution. So therefore and GOVERNMENT policy that enacts legislation that makes the citizens dependent up the Government for any services not AUTHORIZED per the US Constitution is NOT PERMISSIBLE.

Okay, what's the problem then?

The government doesn't own any banks so they haven't exceeded their Constitutional Authority.

So what are you getting all worked up about?

Okay, what's the problem then?

The government doesn't own any banks so they haven't exceeded their Constitutional Authority.

So what are you getting all worked up about?

I'm not worked up. I didn't even start the thread. I just copied and pasted what I thought was interesting.

Just something to watch. It's not even a partisan issue...something all citizens should think about.

I'm not worked up. I didn't even start the thread. I just copied and pasted what I thought was interesting.

Just something to watch. It's not even a partisan issue...something all citizens should think about.

I thought you wrote it. You didn't credit anyone else for writing it. Or mention where you cut and pasted it from.

I believe the government has an 80% equity stake in AIG at this point. Which isn't a bank anyway...

I recommend ignoring the bozo. He's worse than I am.