Learn to coach what you have

I made a mistake using the Patriots, look at the Steelers also.

Nothing pisses off the fans more then using the Patriots as an example

You are a smart fan

You are correct on the Pats and the pain that comes from giving them credit. I think we can both agree the machine runs best with a blend of veterans, youth, and smarts throughout. I happen to agree with you that we aren't as far off as some believe. I guess people have a right to be negative, all things considered.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct on the Pats and the pain that comes from giving them credit. I think we can both agree the machine runs best with a blend of veterans, youth, and smarts throughout. I happen to agree with you that we aren't as far off as some believe. I guess people have a right to be negative, all things considered.

This is how I look at it!

The Bills were considered a nearly complete team before the season started.

We should focus more on why they crashed, and fix that problem.

Focus on depth, and what happens when veterans go down

Do you remember the line from "Hossiers"

"Lets see what kind of hand I have been dealt here"-Gene Hackman

In that movie, he took the talent he had and coached them to become Indiana State Champions.

That movie is used in Coaching circles all over the country and I suggest you take the time to watch it!

The Best coaches in the NFL have the ability to maximize available talent, and find a way to beat you.

Some of you guys are more into free agency and the draft in a continuous battle to upgrade.

As you guys become older like me, you will eventually realize an above average talent veteran team is better then a super talented young team.

In the end, the veteran team is still standing, and the young team goes home.

So what is my advice to Dick Jauron, LEARN TO COACH WHAT YOU HAVE, THE FUTURE MAJOR CONTINUOUS CHANGES WILL ONLY SET YOU BACK.

Put more faith into what you already have and develop. Put more pressure on the players to become better pros.

Remove players that are not willing to commit to excellence. The Head coach should pick the leaders, not the players.

The New England Patriots are nothing more then an average veteran team, extremely well coached, that developed into a powerhouse in 2007. Nearly every player on that team was developed with the exception of Randy Moss and a few plug in's by Bill Bilicheck.

I like the team we have...sorry, I had to learn the hard way.

The people on this board with high school or above coaching experience know exactly what I am talking about here.

DIE HARD 1967

The only problem is in the movie Gene Hackman was an experienced head coach with a proven track record. I agree with putting more pressure on players to become better pros. Thats what Parcells did in Miami. Does anyone believe the Dolphins have more talent than we do? If Wilson would get rid of Fire Marshall Bill and hire a respectable head coach we could win with this current squad. I wonder if Gene Hackman is available. Atleast he can act like a head coach.

It's good to see some optimism around here. The bills fanbase deserves a good season. The team crashed for lots of reasons I'm sure but depth certainly had something to do with it. Jauron is not a dumb man but he is on his last legs and we will see!

It's good to see some optimism around here. The bills fanbase deserves a good season. The team crashed for lots of reasons I'm sure but depth certainly had something to do with it. Jauron is not a dumb man but he is on his last legs and we will see!

I have to tell you, I see a young team with some very correctable problems.

Fans go overboard some times

Do you remember the line from "Hossiers" ?

"Lets see what kind of hand I have been dealt here"-Gene Hackman

In that movie, he took the talent he had and coached them to become Indiana State Champions.

That movie is used in Coaching circles all over the country and I suggest you take the time to watch it!

The Best coaches in the NFL have the ability to maximize available talent, and find a way to beat you.

Does this remind you of Bill Parcells or Bill Billicheck......it should.

Some of you guys are more into free agency and the draft in a continuous battle to upgrade.

As you guys become older like me, you will eventually realize an above average talent veteran team with superior coaching, is better then a super talented young team with AVERAGE COACHING.

In the end, the veteran team is still standing, and the young team goes home. ( Buffalo is still a young team)

So what is my advice to Dick Jauron, LEARN TO COACH WHAT YOU HAVE, THE FUTURE MAJOR CONTINUOUS CHANGES WILL ONLY SET YOU BACK. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAXIMIZE THE PLAYERS ALREADY ON THE ROSTER.

Put more faith into what you already have and develop. Put more pressure on the players to become better pros.

Remove players that are not willing to commit to excellence. The Head coach should pick the leaders, not the players.

Every Buffalo player should have an off season plan developed by the coaching staff designed to elevate players to become better PROS. A player unwilling to improve is not a player you want on your roster.

If the players do not have a plan developed by the coaching staff, THEN THE COACHING STAFF IS THE PROBLEM.

The best coaching staffs are on the phone with players on a weekly basis looking for progress and making additional suggestions. Anything less sends the wrong message to the team.

The New England Patriots are nothing more then an above average veteran team, extremely well coached, that developed into a powerhouse in 2007. Nearly every player on that team was developed with the exception of Randy Moss and a few plug in's by Bill Bilicheck.

Sorry for using the Patriots as an example, but you can also use The Pittsburgh Steelers

I like the team we have...sorry, I had to learn the hard way. WE HAVE THE TALENT, NOW COACH IT!

The people on this board with high school or above coaching experience know exactly what I am talking about here.

DIE HARD 1967

Agreed. In business, Bad Management + Good Employees = Bad Results. We've beat the Jauron thing to death but the fact of the matter is that his record is a losing one, 7 of 8 seasons, with a monumental collapse, horrible clock management and boneheaded calls being his latest "accomplishment". Why anyone expects this trend to suddenly change is beyond me.

They crashed because they played lifeless football against their divisional opponents, the Browns and the Niners. A team takes on the personality of their head coach and so too did the Buffalo Bills who looked like they wanted to play football about as much as their lifeless cardboard cutout of a head coach on the sideline. This team is going to have no more than 4 or 5 wins next year because they will essentially be a headless body. You can attempt to give the head coach sage advice all you want, but those attempts will be in vein. We are in the Rich Kotite era of this franchise. It's hopeless to think he can change and become a winning football coach, let alone a head coach that could win a game if he somehow lucked his way into the playoffs. I'm looking forward to the 2010 season one in which the current head coach will no longer be on the sideline and that flicker of hope for the Bills to win the championship is restored once again.

They crashed because they played lifeless football against their divisional opponents, the Browns and the Niners. A team takes on the personality of their head coach and so too did the Buffalo Bills who looked like they wanted to play football about as much as their lifeless cardboard cutout of a head coach on the sideline. This team is going to have no more than 4 or 5 wins next year because they will essentially be a headless body. You can attempt to give the head coach sage advice all you want, but those attempts will be in vein. We are in the Rich Kotite era of this franchise. It's hopeless to think he can change and become a winning football coach, let alone a head coach that could win a game if he somehow lucked his way into the playoffs. I'm looking forward to the 2010 season one in which the current head coach will no longer on the sideline and that flicker of hope for the Bills to win the championship is restored once again.

I prefer to think of it as the John Rouch era revisited.

The problem is the BIGGEST & most easily correctable problem has not been addressed. That would be the HEAD COACH. I see a young team with a coach without a CLUE.

I am not totally down on Jauron quite yet.

Ralph and Dick had a day long meeting, and I would need more information on what was discussed

Its about coaching, and developing a plan to succeed

it goes back to "he can take a his'n and beat a your'n and he can take a your'n and beat a his'n. a good coach will change his scheme and make it fit his players if he has too. a great coach adapts. this thing of a coach has a "philosophy" and can only have one "philosophy" is lame.