Marv Levy on Howard Simon this morning

RShirley

http://audio.wgr550.com/m/audio/21777357/m...tm?pageid=28472

It is always great to hear from Marv........it is comforting to hear his voice because it takes us back to better days.

Anyway, when they got to the part about Jauron........he did admit that 3 7-9 isn't good enough and probably next year is a make or break year for Jauron.

He also said he thinks Trent will be a great QB, but they need to surround him with a good defense and receivers.

http://audio.wgr550.com/m/audio/21777357/m...tm?pageid=28472

It is always great to hear from Marv........it is comforting to hear his voice because it takes us back to better days.

Anyway, when they got to the part about Jauron........he did admit that 3 7-9 isn't good enough and probably next year is a make or break year for Jauron.

He also said he thinks Trent will be a great QB, but they need to surround him with a good defense and receivers.

well, i agree with Marv. Give Trent more options to throw to and give him a better defense and IMO, Trent will look like a much better QB.

God you guys sound as if this isn't hte case for every other QB in the league.

I know, right? It's as if every team is perfect. The biggest equalizer is coaching. And currently we just don't have it except maybe in special teams.

Guest dog14787
You could just tell that Marv knew he had to defend Jauron even if he didn't want to.

Something tells me Marv, Ralph Wilson and anyone else who will listen has been getting an ear full from Jim Kelly among others, so yup, Marv is stuck between a rock and a hard spot when sticking up for Dick Jauron. You almost have to because the decisions been made, on the other hand listening to Kelly go into orbit probably has poor Marv pretty uptight about the whole situation. Marv was supposed to right the ship, so far it hasn't happened according to plan.

There's some real good coaches out there who may not be around next year, Gruden seems like the perfect fit for Buffalo, I wonder if Ralph Wilson is second guessing his decision right about now. :lol: