We get a democrat in '08.

_BiB_

With the PC, do not offend, government programs will save us and I don't want to know any facts I don't agree with direction this country is going, I don't honestly see how this won't happen. Bush will win on Tuesday, but I have no hopes for 2008.

Just a thought.

Come on Guys everyone loves Hillary....... ;)

That would make Bill first lady.

92864[/snapback]

Unless something very, very drastic happens to the good in the National Security arena, I don't think Hillary has a chance in hell. I don't think the country, as a whole, would elect the first woman president during a time of war. The woman president gets elected when social issues are most paramount.

Then again, I forgot where this conversation is taking place.

The only thing worse than a democratic presidentic is a women democratic president and I am NOT being sexist at all. But women democrats are even more liberal than men.

92885[/snapback]

I can't imagine Hillary ever being elected President.

BTW, great signature. Taking Back Sunday rules.

Ya know...I think we are more likely to get a republican in 08 than we are on tuesday.

Possible 08 GOP candidates

Guliani

McCain

Powell

Schwartzzeneger (if constitution ammended, i hope it isn't)

Pataki

That is a powerful group of guys. Guliani and Pataki Can bring in NY (plus the normal conservative base). Swartz can reign in CA. McCain is a beast and I think its his to lose if he wants it. Powell is the best all around candidate, but I doubt he wants it.

Others possible: Sen Allen, Condeleeza Rice & Tom Ridge.

Contrast that with the Democrats

Hillary & the same bunch of duds we had in this election. Best candidate IMO is Gov. Mark Warner of Virginia.

Other reasonable candidates: Harold Ford Jr, Gov. Rendell and Barack Obama (though he needs to prove himself a little more)

All in all, the GOP has a better crop of upcoming presidential candidates.

Ya know...I think we are more likely to get a republican in 08 than we are on tuesday.

Possible 08 GOP candidates

Guliani

McCain

Powell

Schwartzzeneger (if constitution ammended, i hope it isn't)

Pataki

That is a powerful group of guys.  Guliani and Pataki Can bring in NY (plus the normal conservative base).  Swartz can reign in CA.  McCain is a beast and I think its his to lose if he wants it.  Powell is the best all around candidate, but I doubt he wants it.

Others possible: Sen Allen, Condeleeza Rice & Tom Ridge.

Contrast that with the Democrats

Hillary & the same bunch of duds we had in this election.  Best candidate IMO is Gov. Mark Warner of Virginia.

Other reasonable candidates: Harold Ford Jr, Gov. Rendell and Barack Obama (though he needs to prove himself a little more)

All in all, the GOP has a better crop of upcoming presidential candidates.

93552[/snapback]

Oh Oh. You said Warner...I hear footsteps...

Oh Oh. You said Warner...I hear footsteps...

I dont get it....

On a side note, I am a conservative. But Mark Warner has done a decent job with the state of VA IMO. Would I support him on a national level? That depends on who he is running against, but I would not just rule him out like many of us have with kerry. I think Gov Warner is the kind of candidate that wins on a national level. Moderate candidates do quite well once they get through their primary (which is the hard part).

I dont get it....

On a side note, I am a conservative.  But Mark Warner has done a decent job with the state of VA IMO.  Would I support him on a national level?  That depends on who he is running against, but I would not just rule him out like many of us have with kerry.  I think Gov Warner is the kind of candidate that wins on a national level.  Moderate candidates do quite well once they get through their primary (which is the hard part).

93645[/snapback]

I just know a couple of posters who don't hold Warner in too high regard. Didn't know if they were lurking or not.

I dont get it....

On a side note, I am a conservative.  But Mark Warner has done a decent job with the state of VA IMO.  Would I support him on a national level?  That depends on who he is running against, but I would not just rule him out like many of us have with kerry.  I think Gov Warner is the kind of candidate that wins on a national level.  Moderate candidates do quite well once they get through their primary (which is the hard part).

93645[/snapback]

What? Mark Warner ran on a platform of being a conservative democrat. All he has done is raise state income taxes, stop the car tax elimination, cut education in the state back by 200 million per year, raise sales tax. Oh and did I say he cut back education funding so much at the state levels and require local communities to raise teacher salaries above where they need to be that schools now have to cut back almost every program available to the kids. Also that student teacher ratio are horrid in almost every part of the state. Oh and most colleges have had double digit increases in tuition rates due to huge cutbacks for them as well.

Yet every entitlement program and special interest program has been funded at obscene levels.

He makes Kerry look conservative.

If Bush wins the election it may be the last time we ever see A even remotly conservative president. Kids who are coming into voting age are so bombarded with MTV style liberal trash that they will step into the voting booth and vote for whoever Eminem tells them to.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I am betting Allen wins it in 2008.

92857[/snapback]

Allen?!?! That talking head? No WAY. You'd have much better luck with John Warner. I say keep Virginia senators out of the White House... we need moderate leadership, not more of the same conservative mess.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
If Bush wins the election it may be the last time we ever see A even remotly conservative president. Kids who are coming into voting age are so bombarded with MTV style liberal trash that they will step into the voting booth and vote for whoever Eminem tells them to.

93663[/snapback]

And I'm sure Bill O'Reilly is the savior of our nation?

PLEASE... the conservative trash on TV smells just as bad. I'm GLAD that we have a chance to get rid of a conservative president for a change...