How bout this mock....I'd take it

Stl Bills

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

while I admit that I went to SC for grad school, I also watch a fair bit of Big 12 football (wife went to KU and I live in Texas).

Jared Cook will be a better pro TE than Chase Coffman. Cook alternated between WR and TE his first 2 years (he ran a 4.35 40). He was one of the only consistent threats for the SC offense and with subpar QBs, he still had a great year. he'd make an EXCELLENT 2nd rnd pick at TE.

I will be SHOCKED if Cook runs a sub 4.6 forty.

wouldn't happen in a million years. It actually makes sense. Our guys are waaaay too stupid to pull that off

You are right that it is pretty clear that when you look at the production of the Bills braintrust overall, they are mediocre at best. However, as much as they appear to be incapable of running an effective O, signing FAs who are difference makers, or clock management in tight game situations, the draft record of this crew over the past 3 years has simply been outstanding.

The past drafts have produced starters on this team from second day choices the first couple of years under this regime and overall folks such as Lynch and McKelvin were pretty good choices and though Witner did not have the breakout year we wanted this year, its hard to argue with the team having picked the best safety in his draft to fill a definite need.

Hardy is probably the only first day clunker in the last three and its even too early to declare him a bust yet.

I agree with faulting the Bills for many things as the proof is simply in the pudding, but being good at drafting ain't one of the problems here.

You are right that it is pretty clear that when you look at the production of the Bills braintrust overall, they are mediocre at best. However, as much as they appear to be incapable of running an effective O, signing FAs who are difference makers, or clock management in tight game situations, the draft record of this crew over the past 3 years has simply been outstanding.

The past drafts have produced starters on this team from second day choices the first couple of years under this regime and overall folks such as Lynch and McKelvin were pretty good choices and though Witner did not have the breakout year we wanted this year, its hard to argue with the team having picked the best safety in his draft to fill a definite need.

Hardy is probably the only first day clunker in the last three and its even too early to declare him a bust yet.

I agree with faulting the Bills for many things as the proof is simply in the pudding, but being good at drafting ain't one of the problems here.

Does John Mcargo ring a Bell? :pirate:

I will be SHOCKED if Cook runs a sub 4.6 forty.

Cook ran the 40-yard dash in 4.37 seconds two years ago at USC, prompting Spurrier to compare him to Johnson, another tall, fast receiver.

http://www.thestate.com/gogamecocks/story/642823.html

clocked a 4.37 40-yard dash with a 39.5-inch vertical leap.

http://gamecocksonline.cstv.com/sports/m-f...ok_jared00.html

Sorry that I didn't get the exact time right, but who can really measure .02 sec?

Just some member of footballsfuture.com's mock draft but still entertaining none the less. Seems to have about everybodies team needs pretty well researched. I'd love a mock like this although I'll be honest I've not seen much of Everett Brown.

Football's Future Mock

22 0 0 9 NFL DRAFT SECOND ROUND

1. Detroit Lions - NT Ron Brace/Boston College

2. St. Louis Rams - CB Mike Mickens/Cincinatti

3. Kansas City Chiefs - OG Herman Johnson/LSU

4. Seattle Seahawks - OT Jamon Meredith/South Carolina

5. Cleveland Browns - RB Knowshon Moreno/Georgia

6. Cincinnati Bengals - OLB Brian Cushing/USC

7. Oakland Raiders - WR Percy Harvin/Florida

8. Jacksonville Jaguars - OT William Beatty/UConn

9. Green Bay Packers - DT Fili Moala/USC

10. San Francisco 49ers - OT Phil Loadholt/Oklahoma

11. Buffalo Bills - TE Chase Coffman/Mizzou :pirate:

12. Denver Broncos - RB LeSean McCoy/Pittsburgh

13. Miami (f/Was) - FS/CB Sean Smith/Utah

14. New York Giants (f/NO) - OLB Clint Sintim/Virginia

15. Houston Texans - FS Courtney Greene/Rutgers

16. New England Patriots (f/SD) - DE/OLB Connor Barwin/Cincinatti

17. New York Jets - WR Ramses Barden/Cal-Poly

18. Chicago Bears - WR Hakeem Nicks/North Carolina

19. Tampa Bay - QB Josh Freeman/Kansas State

20. Dallas Cowboys - SS Patrick Chung/Oregon

21. Philadephia Eagles - WR Juaquin Iglesias/Oklahoma

22. Minnesota Vikings - TE Jared Cook/South Carolina

23. New England Patriots - OT Alex Boone/Ohio State

24. Atlanta Falcons - FS Lou Delmas/Western Michigan

25. Miami Dolphins - ILB Darry Beckwith/LSU

26. Baltimore Ravens - CB Darius Butler/Uconn

27. Indianapolis Colts - OLB Marcus Freeman/Ohio State

28. Carolina Panthers - DT Ricky Jean-Francois/Lousiana State

29. New York Giants - DT Evander Hood/Mizzou

30. Tennessee Titans - OC Alex Mack/California

31. Arizona Cardinals - OLB Clay Matthews/USC

32. Pittsburgh Steelers - OT Fenuki Tupou/Oregon

Alex Mack is still on the board and we are drafting a TE this draft is not realistic :pirate:

Alex Mack is apparently one of the guys that is really impressing people at the Sr. Bowl.

Yeah according to one account, according to footballsfuture.com he was getting owned by Ziggy Hood in practice.

Cook ran the 40-yard dash in 4.37 seconds two years ago at USC, prompting Spurrier to compare him to Johnson, another tall, fast receiver.

http://www.thestate.com/gogamecocks/story/642823.html

clocked a 4.37 40-yard dash with a 39.5-inch vertical leap.

http://gamecocksonline.cstv.com/sports/m-f...ok_jared00.html

Sorry that I didn't get the exact time right, but who can really measure .02 sec?

Yeah OK, I'll give you that he's the fastest TE in the class but school forty times are never accurate. DeAngelo Hall reportedly ran a 4.19 at VT his senior year, Brad Smith used to have a commercial when I was at Mizzou claiming he had 4.3 speed (he ran about a 4.55 at the combine). I bet Cook runs at best a 4.5 at the combine which is still pretty impressive.

I actually like the mock, up until round 5. You wanna bring in Carr as a a UDFA, fine. But the kid is the biggest waste of God-given talent on the planet. He's got the size and natural athletic ability to be an absolutely dominant WR. At 6'6" he can and does out jump everyone for the ball. He'd be a hell of a red zone target, and he's the #2 TD scorer in FSU history for WRs. But the kid lacks heart and desire. He's never turned into a big game WR down here because the desire isn't there. You always hear tidbits about him dogging it in practice. He runs crappy routes and has been known to take plays off if the ball isn't going to him. He's a lazy ass with a bad football attitude. He's got no work ethic.

Now, if the right person came along and somehow managed to light a fire under his ass and get him to play to his potential, he could be unstoppable. The sky is the limit for the kid, but unfortunately he doesn't want it.

I thought the same thing about boldin in college...and wow was i wrong about how that turned out...

I thought the same thing about boldin in college...and wow was i wrong about how that turned out...

why would you think that about boldin when he was in college? his two years where he got significant time, he had 100+ catches for 1600 some yards and 19 touchdowns. his big year even came after he tore up his knee.

In regards to Carr, its the 5th round for God sakes. Usually in the 5th you can go one of two ways, pick an overachiever who is short on physical talent but seems to get the job done or go with and underachiever who seems to have all physical tools and more upside but never put it all together. Either way its an educated guess at best.

Just some member of footballsfuture.com's mock draft but still entertaining none the less. Seems to have about everybodies team needs pretty well researched. I'd love a mock like this although I'll be honest I've not seen much of Everett Brown.

Football's Future Mock

22 0 0 9 NFL DRAFT SECOND ROUND

1. Detroit Lions - NT Ron Brace/Boston College

2. St. Louis Rams - CB Mike Mickens/Cincinatti

3. Kansas City Chiefs - OG Herman Johnson/LSU

4. Seattle Seahawks - OT Jamon Meredith/South Carolina

5. Cleveland Browns - RB Knowshon Moreno/Georgia

6. Cincinnati Bengals - OLB Brian Cushing/USC

7. Oakland Raiders - WR Percy Harvin/Florida

8. Jacksonville Jaguars - OT William Beatty/UConn

9. Green Bay Packers - DT Fili Moala/USC

10. San Francisco 49ers - OT Phil Loadholt/Oklahoma

11. Buffalo Bills - TE Chase Coffman/Mizzou :worthy:

12. Denver Broncos - RB LeSean McCoy/Pittsburgh

13. Miami (f/Was) - FS/CB Sean Smith/Utah

14. New York Giants (f/NO) - OLB Clint Sintim/Virginia

15. Houston Texans - FS Courtney Greene/Rutgers

16. New England Patriots (f/SD) - DE/OLB Connor Barwin/Cincinatti

17. New York Jets - WR Ramses Barden/Cal-Poly

18. Chicago Bears - WR Hakeem Nicks/North Carolina

19. Tampa Bay - QB Josh Freeman/Kansas State

20. Dallas Cowboys - SS Patrick Chung/Oregon

21. Philadephia Eagles - WR Juaquin Iglesias/Oklahoma

22. Minnesota Vikings - TE Jared Cook/South Carolina

23. New England Patriots - OT Alex Boone/Ohio State

24. Atlanta Falcons - FS Lou Delmas/Western Michigan

25. Miami Dolphins - ILB Darry Beckwith/LSU

26. Baltimore Ravens - CB Darius Butler/Uconn

27. Indianapolis Colts - OLB Marcus Freeman/Ohio State

28. Carolina Panthers - DT Ricky Jean-Francois/Lousiana State

29. New York Giants - DT Evander Hood/Mizzou

30. Tennessee Titans - OC Alex Mack/California

31. Arizona Cardinals - OLB Clay Matthews/USC

32. Pittsburgh Steelers - OT Fenuki Tupou/Oregon

Alex Mack is still on the board and we are drafting a TE this draft is not realistic :worthy:

I just glanced at this thinking it was a first round mock and thought to myself "Jesus this is crazy!". Then I realized it was the 2nd round.

I just glanced at this thinking it was a first round mock and thought to myself "Jesus this is crazy!". Then I realized it was the 2nd round.

Not nearly as crazy as getting your car door frozen open :worthy: