Everyone Remember When We Smoked Pittsburgh In The Preseason?

sven233

I guess we are almost good enough to go to the Super Bowl!

HA!

Anyway, back to reality, the Bills do have a long way to go to get to this level. They need better players and better coaching. It is probably going to be a few more years, at least, until we can even think about getting to this level.

Is it possible to do it faster? Yes, but Ralph would have to open the wallet and get some top Free Agents, including guys like Suggs and Haynesworth. A dominant defense may be the most important ingredient to getting to a winning the Super Bowl. A solid QB would helps as well!

Do the Bills have some Pieces on Defense? Sure. I think Stroud is it on the D-Line, but I think Poz and Mitchell are good enough at LB. McKelvin, McGee, Greer (If we somehow find a way to keep him) are good enough at CB. And, despite the bashing he takes, Whitner is good enough at FS.

So, by my estimations, we need 2 DE's that can actually get to the QB (Schobel and Kelsay just can't get it done), 1 DT (Williams is a backup......not a starter no matter how hard he may work), 1 OLB, and a SS. So, there is a pretty big shopping list there.

On offense, perhaps the #1 need is at CENTER. Without a dominant Center, you just can't do a lot of things. There is not a Center on this roster that is good enough. Again, although he takes a beating around here, Peters is good enough. Dockery could be a lot better, but let's face it.....for the money they paid him, he will have to do. As I mentioned, we desperately need a Center. Butler is OK as well, but he could be better. Walker is interesting.......For the most part, I liked his pass protection, but he leaves a lot to be desired as a run blocker.

We desperately need a TE (there is no need to say more). Evans is definitely good enough as is Josh Reed in the Slot. We still need a #2 WR. Lynch is more than OK as well. I honestly think that behind a better O-Line he would be one of the very best in the entire league. Jackson is a nice compliment.

So, when you take a look at all of this together, if the Bills want to be a Super Bowl Team, they need about 8 players or so. Now, you do not need ALL-PROS at every position, but we definitely have to find BETTER PLEAYERS at every one of those positions.

But hey.......we handled Pittsburgh in the Preseason! Dick and Ralph probably think we are knocking on the door! HA!