How Much Did Not Having Crowell Hurt Our Defense?

H2o

Your point? He is a BACKUP Bill. Most teams backups don't have the ability of the starters. I think we agree he is not the guy you want starting, as the OLB...but he is not meant to be a starter on the Bills' roster.

I understand that. Imo he is also symbolic of the type of team that we have, Tiny defenders might work in Indy, where at least half of their games are played in a dome. Teams such as the Steelers and the Giants play in the elements and are built for just that.

Dick Levy built this defense on a foundation of small players who chase people after 15 yard receptions on 3rd and 14, and small defensive linemen who are shoved aside at will on running plays.

It is out of control now and it simply must end. You know how much the Bills mean to me. I don't want WNY to lose the franchise due to this sort of idiocy, and the danger does exist.

i don't remember what game it was, but we gave up a LONG touchdown run, and on the play ellison got bowled over like a bowling pin. I'd like to think that Crowell wouldn't have been steamrolled like that.

I'm going to throw out a guess and quantify Crowell's value as a .2 ypc difference in our rush defense if he played this year.

'

Crowell hurt and so did Digregorio hurt. We were painfully thin at LB. the zone Blitz suffered