The amazing thing about this

We'll pretty well know for sure about Jan 05. I have a bad feeling that this one is going to make the last one look simple. Pandoras box got opened in 2000. Unless there is a 20% margin or better, I would expect every election from now on to go to the courts. They're pre-staging lawyers out there, for Chrissakes. Motions in hand.

I bet a whole lot of people are rolling over in their graves. Look what we've become. Stupid and divisive. Neither candidate can get any truth out, because we have become so accustomed to the spinning and the soundbite. Everything has to be "right now". The campaign has been forced into a set of reactions, not a promotion of ideals. Screw a bunch of learning and understanding the issues. Let's see what the crisis is today?

Whoever wins, we only get not only what we deserve, but what we asked for.

And that's pretty sad. There should be a groundswell of support from everyone against our media. Reporting researched facts doesn't sell airtime, as it is boring. I, for one would love to see the media-if there is any interest in fairness and right left in this country, take a few of the issues and actually use their for stevestojan TV newsmagazines to present an unbiased assessment of the problem, and each candidates solution to the problem. Our voting problem is that unless you have personal knowledge or experience with something, who's to say what the !@#$ is really going on? Let alone, what the guys are going to do about it?

Local elections for district commissioner have a lot more relevant information than the national in this regard.

Look at this place. Someone is always going to feed into the first thing spouted about anything. That's because we've learned it from our sources.

We'll pretty well know for sure about Jan 05. I have a bad feeling that this one is going to make the last one look simple. Pandoras box got opened in 2000. Unless there is a 20% margin or better, I would expect every election from now on to go to the courts. They're pre-staging lawyers out there, for Chrissakes. Motions in hand.

I bet a whole lot of people are rolling over in their graves. Look what we've become. Stupid and divisive. Neither candidate can get any truth out, because we have become so accustomed to the spinning and the soundbite. Everything has to be "right now". The campaign has been forced into a set of reactions, not a promotion of ideals. Screw a bunch of learning and understanding the issues. Let's see what the crisis is today?

Whoever wins, we only get not only what we deserve, but what we asked for.

And that's pretty sad. There should be a groundswell of support from everyone against our media. Reporting researched facts doesn't sell airtime, as it is boring. I, for one would love to see the media-if there is any interest in fairness and right left in this country, take a few of the issues and actually use their for stevestojan TV newsmagazines to present an unbiased assessment of the problem, and each candidates solution to the problem. Our voting problem is that unless you have personal knowledge or experience with something, who's to say what the !@#$ is really going on? Let alone, what the guys are going to do about it?

Local elections for district commissioner have a lot more relevant information than the national in this regard.

Look at this place. Someone is always going to feed into the first thing spouted about anything. That's because we've learned it from our sources.

92442[/snapback]

Umm.. you live in Alexandria. Tell me how the media is spininng it locally for your boy Moran. yeah the local stuff sucks now also.

I can play that game. I cause I use more reliable polls like gallop. Not some liberal wanna be poll.

Cnn-Gallop 51-

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/special/polls/index.html

Fox

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,137163,00.html

CBS

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/10/18/...ain649999.shtml

NBC - Newsweek

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6367631/site/newsweek/

ABCNews

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=211909

Eveyone has Bush ahead in the "more" reliable polls. Several of them have Bush ahead by quite a bit. You little fantasy is just about over.

I almost forgot. Most state level polls are now showing Hawaii going to Bush. This is why Cheney was campaigning suddenly there the other day. What does that tell you when a state that typically votes democrat all of a sudden is in play.

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

The other part that you seem to miss is that the senorial races are trending to the right. Looks like it will be 50-44 after Tuesday in the Senate. Daschle, you minority leader, is behind in the polls and probably will be gone.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Senate%20Overview.htm

Umm..  you live in Alexandria.  Tell me how the media is spininng it locally for your boy Moran.  yeah the local stuff sucks now also.

92510[/snapback]

Slate? :)

Alexandria is a rough place to be a Republican. Especially down on my end. Lots of fags and "young professionals". Some of the "young professionals" make for nice eye candy, but don't let them speak. Positively frightening. Make Debbie look like a neocon warmonger. I actually had a couple walk up to the car with some liberal assed petition at a stop light on Washington Ave yesterday. Some pledge to vote the democrat ticket. What the heck is the point of that? Trendi Chicks would be an apt description. (No offense, Stephanie, where ever you are-it's a ref to their mindset). It's "hip" to vote for Kerry. And they don't have a clue as to why.

As for Moran, you should see some of the stuff I've found stuck in my door. Too rough to use as toilet paper. I'd would rather have voted absentee in Savannah, but registered in VA when I got my liscence changed. I'd predict this precinct will go at least 6-1 in favor of Kerry.

Slate?  :)

Alexandria is a rough place to be a Republican. Especially down on my end. Lots of fags and "young professionals". Some of the "young professionals" make for nice eye candy, but don't let them speak. Positively frightening. Make Debbie look like a neocon warmonger. I actually had a couple walk up to the car with some liberal assed petition at a stop light on Washington Ave yesterday. Some pledge to vote the democrat ticket. What the heck is the point of that? Trendi Chicks would be an apt description. (No offense, Stephanie, where ever you are-it's a ref to their mindset). It's "hip" to vote for Kerry. And they don't have a clue as to why.

As for Moran, you should see some of the stuff I've found stuck in my door.  Too rough to use as toilet paper. I'd would rather have voted absentee in Savannah, but registered in VA when I got my liscence changed. I'd predict this precinct will go at least 6-1 in favor of Kerry.

92673[/snapback]

"Lots of fags" :lol:

You know, up until this post I didn't agree with many of your opinions but I respected your point of view. Thanks for revealing that your nothing more than a small minded homophobe.

For someone that's allegedly involved in "intelligence" you show very little.

"Lots of fags"    :)

You know, up until this post I didn't agree with many of your opinions but I respected your point of view.  Thanks for revealing that your nothing more than a small minded homophobe. 

For someone that's allegedly involved in "intelligence" you show very little.

92710[/snapback]

Not a homophobe at all. There's a few I have beers with. They refer to themselves as fags, laughingly. Would you prefer I used the term homosexual? Point is, this is Alexandria, and the Gay community is going about 12-1 Kerry.

And I'm not involved in intelligence, I'm involved in operations. Big difference.

Not a homophobe at all. There's a few I have beers with. They refer to themselves as fags, laughingly.  Would you prefer I used the term homosexual? Point is, this is Alexandria, and the Gay community is going about 12-1 Kerry.

And I'm not involved in intelligence, I'm involved in operations. Big difference.

92717[/snapback]

Now that's weak my friend. Black folk often refer to themselves and each other as "n's". You wouldn't use THAT term would you, knowing that outsiders use it as racial slur? Even though I am sure you have black friends or co-workers? "Fag" is not a whole lot different.

However I don't believe you are a homophobe-I choose to accuse you instead of an error in judgement. Conversation with friends is one thing but written words to a group of mostly strangers is different and does not always translate in the way it was meant.

And I honestly appologize to whoever might be offended. No offense was meant.

They know I'm voting for Bush, and that I don't support a lot of their agenda. And they don't care. Ditto for me as to theirs. Old Towne is a very ecclectic and eccentric place with all kinds of personalities and ideas, but everyone seems to get along pretty well.

You are correct though, that was an error in judgement in this forum, and for that I appologize. I can call them that to their face at the bar, and they have some pretty good names for me as well. It's all in laughter. Just a slip.

And I honestly appologize to whoever might be offended. No offense was meant.

They know I'm voting for Bush, and that I don't support a lot of their agenda. And they don't care. Ditto for me as to theirs. Old Towne is a very ecclectic and eccentric place with all kinds of personalities and ideas, but everyone seems to get along pretty well.

You are correct though, that was an error in judgement in this forum, and for that I appologize. I can call them that to their face at the bar, and they have some pretty good names for me as well. It's all in laughter. Just a slip.

92723[/snapback]

Big meanie BIB..........Maybe my Bro in Law can hook you up with a T-Shirt? :)

Big meanie BIB..........Maybe my Bro in Law can hook you up with a T-Shirt?  ;)

92732[/snapback]

I bet you can't wait for Thanksgiving, when the whole family will be together, sharing a nice meal, watching some football, and cuddling on the couch all lovey-dovey. ;)

I bet you can't wait for Thanksgiving, when the whole family will be together, sharing a nice meal, watching some football, and cuddling on the couch all lovey-dovey. ;)

92744[/snapback]

Et tu pac you miserable bastard.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

92744[/snapback]

Or Christmas when they give each other sex toys that they open up in front of the rest of the family. ;)