The US is not Spain

I'm actually starting to like the HotPockets thing...GOD,  they are so yummy!!!!!!!!!

91780[/snapback]

Gee, now that you finally have a team that won a world championship, you're a regular here.

I like the meatball & cheese!!

91984[/snapback]

Hot Pocket lovers unite! Did you all know that one of the things John Kerry did during his 19 years in the Senate was vote against legislation that permitted microwaveable food to be prepared in under three minutes? He did this because his power company friends needed sandwiches to use up at least six minutes of microwaveable time. Globally speaking, that three minute drop in cook time...literally half the normal cook time...would cause their income to plummet faster than they could respond to the market change. And all the rich people would get poor.

John Kerry sold himself to the power companies because he believed that you can receive nothing of value in three minutes. But alas, the legislation passed anyway, and after sampling one of EIGHT different varieties of Hot-Pockets (word was it was the meatball and cheese variety), realized he had made a mistake. Delicious goodness and your entire lifestory COULD be delivererd in under three minutes: power companies be damned.

And thus John Kerry embraced the Hot Pockets, repeating that he NEVER stood in the way of faster cooking. And in turn, the Hot Pockets embraced John Kerry. For exactly three minutes. And that was that.

It'll go down in history that way.

Hot Pocket lovers unite!  Did you all know that one of the things John Kerry did during his 19 years in the Senate was vote against legislation that permitted microwaveable food to be prepared in under three minutes? He did this because his power company friends needed sandwiches to use up at least six minutes of microwaveable time. Globally speaking, that three minute drop in cook time...literally half the normal cook time...would cause their income to plummet faster than they could respond to the market change. And all the rich people would get poor.

John Kerry sold himself to the power companies because he believed that you can receive nothing of value in three minutes. But alas, the legislation passed anyway, and after sampling one of EIGHT different varieties of Hot-Pockets (word was it was the meatball and cheese variety), realized he had made a mistake. Delicious goodness and your entire lifestory COULD be delivererd in under three minutes: power companies be damned.

And thus John Kerry embraced the Hot Pockets, repeating that he NEVER stood in the way of faster cooking. And in turn, the Hot Pockets embraced John Kerry. For exactly three minutes. And that was that.

It'll go down in history that way.

92000[/snapback]

I've suddenly lost my appetite

My guess is that Americans will want to show OBL that he can't scare us, and will turn out and vote Bush for four more years. Look for Bush to make a great speech tonight.

91755[/snapback]

So what exactly would be the difference? Spain votes to appease terrorists, we vote to "show em we aint scared"? Either way, we are letting them dictate who wins.

Vote for you want, not who they want/don't want/want us to think they don't want/say they want us to want who they don't want us to want...

However dispicable, OBL isn't a stupid man. Do you really think he thinks by telling American voter NOT to vote for Bush that they won't?

He wan't to feel like he is having an impact on how we vote...plain and simple.

What caused the dramatic shift in the Spanish election was more due to the fact the electorate felt lied to by the then government (rather than the attacks in themselves) which lost all credibility with the electors when they immediately placed the blame on ETA terrorists rather than the real culprits. The electorate saw this largely as an attempt to hide the truth because the truth might be damaging to the campaign to get back in power, so there was a massive shift in the votes to the opposition. If the electorate thinks they have caught an administration in a bare faced lie (especially just days before an election) then there will be payback at the ballot box.

If the administration had waited until it was sure of the facts prior to pointing fingers the government may not have changed, as it is we will never know for sure.

As to the tape and its effect whilst it is obvious bin Laden is trying to affect the election (probably, but by no means certainly, trying to get rid of GWB) whatever the end result he could say - 'See, I got the result I wanted'. If Kerry wins - the evil Americans removed the stupid Bush. If Bush wins - The stupid Americans kept the evil Bush. (Iraq at this point in time is a good recruiting tool and cranks up the general anti-western feeling amongst Muslims (and Arabs in particular) and with the daily attacks he can claim "See we are still fighting and hurting the Americans" to those that might listen to his poisonous ideas.