Birk

I agree that I would still draft a center even with the acquisiton of Birk, but he would definitely be a welcome piece to the puzzle. Most likely he would be able to adjust faster and gel with his new team faster than a rookie, giving whoever we draft time to learn and compete against top competition. I definitely think we should sign him

Oh I'm all for it. We all got our little offseasons running through our heads until most of these guys resign with their own teams. That's why I list "REALISTIC" under my offseason. Peters, Suggs, and Haynseworth are NOT leaving their respective teams people!!! Jason Brown will even probably reup with the Ravens so Birk is definitely a guy to keep an eye on. :ph34r:

He would be my fallback option after the younger Jason Brown. With Birk though, my draft plans would include a center of the future on the first day.

Exactly, if Birk can maintain great play for two years that would be enough time for a guy to learn from a former pro-bowl player, IMO.

Exactly, if Birk can maintain great play for two years that would be enough time for a guy to learn from a former pro-bowl player, IMO.

The posts after the article are quite amusing.........very similiar to the sentiment on this board. They aren't going to renew tickets until Childress is fired. They have turned on Birk saying he is a slob whose best days are behind him. They even suggest that he purposely made the bad snap on the shotgun snap, because he was pissed about the lack of cntract extension.

What about Jeff Saturday? Is he coming back with the Colts?

He'll be 34 this next season and Birk will be 33. I would be glad with either of the two since that would mean that we would be improving the position, but I think I'd prefer Saturday over Birk.