OT-Computer Question

Could anyone help me with this problem.  I want to take music from one computer and put it on another.  What is the easiest way to do this?  Thanks in advance for the help.

91678[/snapback]

Do you have a switch and do both of your computers have an ethernet card in them?

between my wife and I, we have four computers. What I want to do is hook one of our laptops up to our stereo system and play the music from the computer. One of my other computers has thousands of songs on it and I want to transfer them on to the laptop

between my wife and I, we have four computers.  What I want to do is hook one of our laptops up to our stereo system and play the music from the computer.  One of my other computers has thousands of songs on it and I want to transfer them on to the laptop

91711[/snapback]

You have 4 computers and NONE of them have network cards in them?

Why yes I do, put them all in mp3 format and burn then transfer?

91707[/snapback]

no don't do that. you want to create a "data disc" which is similr to a floppy disc but it is a cd and it has a much larger storage capacity. After you format the disc into a data disc you can throw on all the music the disc can hold in a matter of seconds and transfer it over to your other pc. If you can't figure out how to make the data disc using your burning software, let me know what program you use for your burning and also your operating system n i could help yuh out.

no don't do that. you want to create a "data disc" which is similr to a floppy disc but it is a cd and it has a much larger storage capacity. After you format the disc into a data disc you can throw on all the music the disc can hold in a matter of seconds and transfer it over to your other pc. If you can't figure out how to make the data disc using your burning software, let me know what program you use for your burning and also your operating system n i could help yuh out.

91721[/snapback]

I use MusicMatch 8.2

I use MusicMatch 8.2

91728[/snapback]

In the burner plus toolbar menu select options and then in disc type select data disc and then in the options menu again goto project and select data disc again

then you should be able to just add ur music data and be on your way

i recommend buying a NIC for your computers, a switch, and a big hard drive.

install the NIC in all your computers

plug them up to the switch

create a shared folder on the big hard drive

put all your mp3s there then all your computers can access your songs

i recommend buying a NIC for your computers, a switch, and a big hard drive.

install the NIC in all your computers

plug them up to the switch

create a shared folder on the big hard drive

put all your mp3s there then all your computers can access your songs

91803[/snapback]

That's where I was going initially.