2009 Schedule is a killer.... 7-9 will be tough...

AnthonyF

Despite all the negativity of the last few weeks (and I feel it too), I have no doubt I will be back, pulling for this team in August...it is a little early to predict how tough next years schedule will be. One thing I am sure of though, if the team doesn't get off to a fast start (again) and maintain it, things are going to be pretty ugly. If Ralph shows that he cares about this team winning, and spends some of that money under the cap on getting some real NFL talent here, I think we will give the team the benefit of the doubt (again)...we are a bunch of suckers, after all!

Don't get worked up over the schedule. Every year someone says the next years schedule is going to be tough.

Truth is, we won't know how difficult it is until midway through next season. Every year some good teams become bad teams and bad teams suddenly become teams on the rise.

For example, you mention Tennessee, and they have an interesting situation on their hands in the upcoming off-season. Kerry Collins is a free agent. So is Albert Haynesworth. Since we're playing the hypothetical game, what if they both leave? Suddenly, Tennessee isn't impossible to beat.

You said Jacksonville COULD be much improved. By the grace of god, so could the Buffalo Bills. Any team could be much improved. The Jags looked like crap this year. Who's to say that will change?

Tampa Bay finished the season off in disastrous fashion. Who knows if they decide to roll with Jeff Garcia.

Houston has improved but we have them at home. That's a game you should win.

Indianapolis and New Orleans are coming here and they are definitely really good offensive teams but will both quarterbacks be healthy? How about their wide-receivers? What if we acquire a pass-rusher opposite Aaron Schobel? As for the division games, we were in both games against the Fins and Jets. New England will always have our number (as long as Dick is here) but the other teams aren't difficult to beat.

See what I mean? For every situation you lay out, there's an opposing question. We just don't know how difficult the schedule will be. It's all dependent on how well our team performs.

I see one of those "what ifs".... Sure there are plenty of questions, but the point is Jax is one year removed from a year they made the divisional semis and played NE tough. TB made the playoffs in 2007, melted down to end this year. Simply we need to play better vs. Jets & Miami, but the issue for me will be the offence thast can not and will not win a track meet unless there is divine intervention.

Eyeballing it it looks like a very tough schedule. 7-9 would be a great result with the ineptitude of this coaching staff....

Home - Houston, Indy, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Cleveland, NE, NYJ, Miami

Away - Jacksonville, Tennessee, Atlanta, Carolina, Kansas City, NE, NYJ, Miami

Best chance to win vs. Cleveland and KC.... Playoff Teams we are against Tennessee, Carolina, Atlanta, Indy, Miami. Teams on cusp Tampa, New Orleans, NYJ New England. Jacksonville could be much improved and Houston ended the season looking like a team.

Incredible how after the 6 division games & the 4 NFC games, we play for the second straight year KC, Jax & Cleve....

Looks like a very tough schedule....

Maybe Bills kept him around because they signed him earlier and 2009 would be tough on a new coach.

I said a couple weeks ago, Buffalo is in for a shock next year.

Look for the Bills to go 5 - 11, maybe 6 - 10 but no better than that I'm afraid.

:beer:

Home - Houston, Indy, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Cleveland, NE, NYJ, Miami

Away - Jacksonville, Tennessee, Atlanta, Carolina, Kansas City, NE, NYJ, Miami

Best chance to win vs. Cleveland and KC.... Playoff Teams we are against Tennessee, Carolina, Atlanta, Indy, Miami. Teams on cusp Tampa, New Orleans, NYJ New England. Jacksonville could be much improved and Houston ended the season looking like a team.

Incredible how after the 6 division games & the 4 NFC games, we play for the second straight year KC, Jax & Cleve....

Looks like a very tough schedule....

Maybe Bills kept him around because they signed him earlier and 2009 would be tough on a new coach.

If the Bills win 5 games next year, it will be a miracle. A U.S., Grade A, Prime Choice miracle.

Despite all the negativity of the last few weeks (and I feel it too), I have no doubt I will be back, pulling for this team in August...it is a little early to predict how tough next years schedule will be. One thing I am sure of though, if the team doesn't get off to a fast start (again) and maintain it, things are going to be pretty ugly. If Ralph shows that he cares about this team winning, and spends some of that money under the cap on getting some real NFL talent here, I think we will give the team the benefit of the doubt (again)...we are a bunch of suckers, after all!

Ralph has just proven, beyond any reasonable doubt, that he doesn't care one iota about winning. If laughing after his team got shellacked at the Toronto "Home" game isn't proof enough, he brought back the Architect of Disaster for another losing season.

There will be one less sucker watching the Bills or buying any Bills merchandise next year.

The Bills will have the worst record in the league next year.

Take it to the bank. YES, smart-asses, that includes the Lions.

I think that this view is mere wishful thinking by folks who want to see Jauron punished for the Bills completely failing to meet reasonable expectations in 08 or folks who believe Jauron would be gone for sure if he racked up a 0-fer or couple of win season next year.

Actually merely looking at past performance, the best prediction of how the Bills will do next year is obviously 7-9.

I think the whines from some fans that Jauron is a total idiot who can do nothing right and has nothing to offer the Bills are simply wrong.

Yes he is to some extent a football idiot leading his team to losing games that they should not have blown if they had taken some fairly obvious conservative actions (kick the FG against Dallas with a lead in a game last year instead of calling for Edwards to hit a tight pass which led to a debacle, kicking the FG with a lead late in his first season road game against the Pats, not roll JP out in the NYJ game). However, he did well leading an horrendous team his first year to a mediocre record, and also did well getting to 7-9 while leading the NFL in players going on IR.

My guess is that even with a tough schedule we will see the Bills flirt again next year with a .500 record, I doubt they do better than 8-8 with a tough schedule, but supplemented with a non-playoff high draft pick and the youngest team in the NFL getting older this team will likely prove to be an adequate NFL team who will finish at .500 or better if the oddly shaped football bounces the way we need. They could do worse than this year, but I doubt it will be worse than 6-10 with the talent we have.

Its unfortunate as crawling arounf .500 will be like simply be bitten to death by ducks as we simply have not taken the right risks to make this team a winner.

Well...If you plan on losing cause you're scared of the Schedule, why not leave the loser in charge? :wallbash:

If that's the attitude this Organization has it's actually worse than just being stupid, or frugal, or whatever...As if that was even possible...

I'd lose whatever respect I have left for Ralph...which admittedly is not much...if the decision to keep Jauron was based on expecting to lose...Though it's true if that was the reason...Dead Dick is the man for the Job... :wub: