Im Keeping my season tickets and

taterhill

Well the truth is SKOOBY's an ass. Or at least he posts that way. But you can't generalize from him to all out-of-towners, and it was never my intent to defend anyone and everyone who posts here who doesn't live in Buffalo.

I said I was done with this, but one final thing. If I still lived in WNY, I don't know that I ever would've discovered this place. If I wanted to talk Bills all I would need to do is go over to my neighbor's. But talking about the Bills here, even with other football fans, isn't the same, because they just don't understand the frustrations and joys of following this team. So if you really do see a much higher number of people who've left the Buffalo area, that's probably part of the reason.

And I said I was done with this, but I will still make one final point:

I'm sorry I brought this up at all.

One out of towner made a comment about someone's bad attitude being a main reason why Buffalo was turning into a rust belt town, and I though that was pretty hypocritical of him since the biggest reason Buffalo is turning into a rust belt town is that so many people move out. Then, I got carried away with it.

So stop calling me an ass and telling me to blow you, I was only trying to defend the great people of Western New York that still live here. :thumbdown:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And I said I was done with this, but I will still make one final point:

I'm sorry I brought this up at all.

One out of towner made a comment about someone's bad attitude being a main reason why Buffalo was turning into a rust belt town, and I though that was pretty hypocritical of him since the biggest reason Buffalo is turning into a rust belt town is that so many people move out. Then, I got carried away with it.

So stop calling me an ass and telling me to blow you, I was only trying to defend the great people of Western New York that still live here. :thumbdown:

I hope your last sentence wasn't directed at me, because I've tried to mellow my tone. No hard feelings on my end, we all get carried away sometimes; I did myself in this thread.

Just a thought: maybe it's a lot harder to be a Bills fan outside of Buffalo?

Maybe, maybe you ask. Try living in Pittsburgh as a Bills fan, I respect and like the Steelers and their organization, but man they are just not nearly as gracious, success has spoiled them to the point where they will not acknowledge anything good about our organization, or anyone elses for that matter,and although our body of work has something to do with that, losses aside, nobody has been to four consecutive SB's. I am sure that it is just as tough for other Bills fans living in cities other than Buffalo, even ones without the successs that the Steelers have enjoyed. It's tough being a Bills fan period, let alone a Bills fan in some other city. Like it or not the Citiy's image is tied to the Bills, but is perception only, as I am sure that very few of the dissers have been to, or enjoyed the things that this great city and region in general have to offer, they just heard it from someone else, or on the tonight show,let's keep it or little secret.

Although I have a lot of Bills paraphenhlia, jersey,s and coats, and the like, I rarley wear them around here, I just privatley

worship them in the comfy confines of my home, it is just to emotionally challenging. I do not wear my allegiance on my shirt sleaves, although I don't back down from discussions regarding my allegiance, when the topic is broached.

This is the first year I was a season tix holder I drive about 550miles to most of the home games and I am going to continue to buy them as long as I can afford to It actually cost me more to get to games than the tix themselves. if your throwing in the towel after this season or any season I really dont get it win or lose it is a passion its fun and when your talking about giving your money to ralph wilson your missing the whole point of calling yourself a fan. Im sure you'll jump on the band wagon next time the team is any good {and yes it might be a while or it might be next year} thats the great thing about this league.

You live in Texas, (nice job telling us that by the way, you fit right in on this forum), you attend one game a year, and yet you still own season tickets???

One question begs, WHY DO YOU OWN SEASON TICKETS???

Well smartass its called supporting the teams. My first years I was in the military and just happened to be in other parts of the world. I sometimes donate my tickets to Bills fans for whatever they can compensate me for. Sometimes the people I give them too only pay the email fee for tickets. So, tell me what you are doing to support the Bills besides trying to belittle Bills fans that live elsewhere?