(OT)My last World Series post(until next year)

The Poojer

Yeah, well, it's just rumor at this point anyway...

I did see that Terry Pendleton interviewed for the Phils head coaching position.

I hope to god he doesn't do it.

91413[/snapback]

You can't blame the guy if he takes the job. I wouldn't turn down an offer to manage a team that's fairly willing to spend money.

Yeah, well, it's just rumor at this point anyway...

I did see that Terry Pendleton interviewed for the Phils head coaching position.

I hope to god he doesn't do it.

91413[/snapback]

Us Cardinals fans love Terry Pendleton. He played on a couple of our World Series teams. Then he had a great year in Atlanta in '91 and won the MVP.

He was a good ballplayer.

I thought Carpenter was a free agent, the guy has nerve damage in his bicep? No guarantee with health.

Millwood is nothing special. THe Cards need pitches that pound the corners. Go get Johnson.

I think what we need to do is this.

Trade for Johnson (we have a lot of young guys in our farm system they would want.)

Sign Kevin Millwood.

Then I can see our rotation as

Johnson

Millwood

Carpenter

Suppan

Ankiel/Harren

That wouldn't be a bad rotation.  If Rick Ankeil could do what he is capable of he could easily be another ace.

91380[/snapback]

First off the Spankees dont have anything to trade for Randy so forget about it. Why do you think they couldnt get him at trading deadline? What did you gain in minors to make it happen now?? NOTHING!!

Manny a POS?? Sheffield is a steriod POS!! And I think the MVP shouldnt of gone to manny or any of the players except maybe Foulke. My choice would be a first to give it to Tito Francona.

RED SOX 2004 WORLD CHAMPS!!!

I think Foulke was a clear cut choice. His getting two outs in the 8th in game one with the score tied at 9 and the based juiced was the key moment of the series. Add to the fact that Manny created the mess Foulke was in with his two outfield errors, and I thought that Ramirez was a weak choice.

I know that you are supposed to vote for MVPs independently within series, but Foulke pitched significant innings in 7 of the last 8 wins, and I think the Walker HR was the only earned run he gave up. Up 4-0, I'd rather give up a homer than have a guy who can't find the plate, and at only maybe one time (game 6 of the Yanks series which was a touch dicey, but he still got the save) in those 7 appearances did Foulke lose his command even slightly.

I know it is a cop-out to give co-mvps.  but i feel the award should have been given to 4 players.  Tim Wakefield, Curt Schilling, Pedro Martinez & Derek Lowe for completely shutting down the powerful bats of the cardinals.  I do not feel Manny deserved MVP.  Heck Damon was more deserving than ramirez(not taking anything away from MR).

90944[/snapback]

If I had a vote, I would've had a tough time choosing between Ramirez and Foulke. Well, I still do.

<<<huge sox diehard here, live within a few blocks of fenway...lemme share my opinion

well i agree with those of you who said it was a tough decision and it could have been given to many different players. the decision imo was probably an extremely hard one to make because no individual really stood out and carried the team on their shoulders...it was truly a full team effort. In the end manny ended up with the mvp soley based on his series statistics which were nothing spectacular for him but they got the job done. if i was giving the mvp award and didnt have the option of naming multiple mvps i would have liked to see foulke get it for being such a sure thing throughout the playoffs and pitching his heart out night after night, and my runner up to foulke would have to be varitek for everything he brings to this team, hes behind that plate every night giving it 110% from the first out to the last, and he deserves madd props for being 50% of the pitching success in the series and working with his multiple pitchers to set up the cardinal hitters. not to mention he had some big hits in the series as well.

i hope one day we'll be debating who the bills super bowl mvp should be...i hope it's soon too...i cant take this losing garbage...watching the pats win week in and week out is making me sick