R.I.P. Catwoman, purrrr! Eartha Kitt passes away.

Steely Dan

Link

Kitt also acted in movies, playing the lead female role opposite Nat King Cole in "St. Louis Blues" in 1958 and more recently appearing in "Boomerang" and "Harriet the Spy" in the 1990s.

On television, she was the sexy Catwoman on the popular "Batman" series in 1967-68, replacing Julie Newmar who originated the role. A guest appearance on an episode of "I Spy" brought Kitt an Emmy nomination in 1966.

"Generally the whole entertainment business now is bland," she said in a 1996 Associated Press interview. "It depends so much on gadgetry and flash now. You don't have to have talent to be in the business today.

"I think we had to have something to offer, if you wanted to be recognized as worth paying for."

She was a fine entertainer. She lost a lot of work because she dared say that she was against the Viet Nam war.

Her trouble started when she expressed her views at the White House, in the middle of one of Laby Bird Johnson's ladies get togethers.

I think today she would have been considered more of a hero today but that was the mid 60's, different times to be sure.

She was a fine entertainer. She lost a lot of work because she dared say that she was against the Viet Nam war.

Her trouble started when she expressed her views at the White House, in the middle of one of Laby Bird Johnson's ladies get togethers.

I think today she would have been considered more of a hero today but that was the mid 60's, different times to be sure.

How odd that the famous Santa song singer dies on Christmas!!