Week 17 TV schedule

BuffaloWings

Anyone know when we'll know the TV schedule for week 17?

NBC announced tonight that they will have Denver @ San Diego for the night game, so since CBS loses that game (it was their only 4:00 game), I'm hoping the Jets-Dolphins gets moved to 4:15 so we can see the Bills at 1:00.

:angry:

Anyone know when we'll know the TV schedule for week 17?

NBC announced tonight that they will have Denver @ San Diego for the night game, so since CBS loses that game (it was their only 4:00 game), I'm hoping the Jets-Dolphins gets moved to 4:15 so we can see the Bills at 1:00.

:angry:

I question whether the NFL would do this. If Mia@Jets gets moved to 4:15, it could take much of the luster off of the game. If the Pats beat the Bills (as we've unfortunately become accustomed to) the Jets may already know they are out of the playoffs. I believe the league will prefer the 1pm starts for these 2 contests.

I question whether the NFL would do this. If Mia@Jets gets moved to 4:15, it could take much of the luster off of the game. If the Pats beat the Bills (as we've unfortunately become accustomed to) the Jets may already know they are out of the playoffs. I believe the league will prefer the 1pm starts for these 2 contests.

Stand corrected, my friend.

TV linky

It's good for us Albany folk who would have been subjected to the Jets at 1:00. But I think this makes sense, given how the NFL is driven by the TV ratings.

This still gives motive to Miami, though. If they know that the Pats* have already won, then they need to beat the Jets to get in.

Note: This is not updated on NFL.com's schedule page yet.

Half right.

The NFL did want to move the Jets-Dolphins Division Title Tilt to the 4pm National Title slot, but they also dragged Ravens-Jags with it to ensure that the Jets have something to play for (Jets get the Wildcard with a win and Ravens loss.)

So I guess we lucked out in not getting the Bills-Pats moved to 4pm. In fact, wee may get doubly-lucky in that Bills-Pats could have fairly wide distribution on TV as the only other CBS 1pm game involving playoff implications is Oakland at Tampa Bay, and the Patriots make an inherently more attractive game for TV ratings. If Ravens-Jags were still at 1pm, that would probably have been the CBS National game, and obviously Jets-Pats will be a National game at 4pm. So it looks like a Christmas gift for Bills fans from the NFL...

So, if you aren't living in Oakland, Cincy, Indy, Nashville, KC, Cleveland, or Pittsburgh on Sunday, I think you're very likely to have the Bills on TV.

JDG